NYPD Officer Shoot, Wound Teen Who Fired At Them During Foot Pursuit

This is a discussion on NYPD Officer Shoot, Wound Teen Who Fired At Them During Foot Pursuit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Someone with a gun in the city illegally? How is this possible? The officers tried to stop Melendez near the corner of E. 119th St. ...

Thread: NYPD Officer Shoot, Wound Teen Who Fired At Them During Foot Pursuit

Distinguished Member

NYPD Officer Shoot, Wound Teen Who Fired At Them During Foot Pursuit

Someone with a gun in the city illegally? How is this possible?

The officers tried to stop Melendez near the corner of E. 119th St. and Lexington Ave. after they spotted him adjusting his waistband in a manner that suggested he was carrying a concealed handgun, police said.

Several witnesses reported hearing the officers yell, “Police! Stop!” as they confronted Melendez, who was packing a black, semi-automatic pistol, a police source said.

But Melendez ran away, heading east on E. 119th St., cops said. He whirled and fired at the officers near the corner of Third Ave. He was shot along Third Ave. near E. 120th St., cops said.
    and a story like this wouldn't be complete without complete deinial:

His mother, Mildred Faverey, 47, who visited Melendez in the hospital last night, said he went out with friends Saturday night after caring for his 8-month-old daughter.

“That’s not like my son,” Faverey said of the charges against him. “He wouldn’t do that.”

“He’s the greatest father to his daughter,” she added, wiping away tears. “He told me, ‘Mommy, trust me, I didn’t do what they said I did.’”

http://policelink.monster.com/news/a...g-foot-pursuit
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

2. Remove Ads

His mother, Mildred Faverey, 47, who visited Melendez in the hospital last night, said he went out with friends Saturday night after caring for his 8-month-old daughter.

“That’s not like my son,” Faverey said of the charges against him. “He wouldn’t do that.”

“He’s the greatest father to his daughter,” she added, wiping away tears. “He told me, ‘Mommy, trust me, I didn’t do what they said I did.’”

Really......?!?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post

Really......?!?
    And she said that's not like him. Well this say's different.
    Melendez has eight prior arrests, including collars for robbery, marijuana possession and criminal mischief, a police source said.

He's lucky he isn't taking an eternal dirt nap.

Whatever happend to taking personal responsibility for one's actions?

Seems like nothing is anyone's fault these days even when confronted with the evidence.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    And she said that's not like him. Well this say's different.
    Melendez has eight prior arrests, including collars for robbery, marijuana possession and criminal mischief, a police source said.
    Real choir-boy marerial there. Mildred needs to open her eyes AND some judge needs to put him away for GOOD so there is NO next time.........because the NEXTtime he might actually get 'lucky' and shoot a cop. We DO NOT need anymore of that business!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    He's lucky he isn't taking an eternal dirt nap.

Whatever happend to taking personal responsibility for one's actions?

Seems like nothing is anyone's fault these days even when confronted with the evidence.
    Amen to that, wonder if He'll try shooting at the police again ?

Every axe murderer has a mother who loves him. This dirtbag has a mother who loves him...even if shooting this repeat offender and converting him into a dead offender is what is needed.
    I understand how this mother feels, now she needs to feel how the rest of society feels.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links