I Saw a Giant 27 ft Long Hot Dog While Shopping at my Supermarket Today! - Pics

This is a discussion on I Saw a Giant 27 ft Long Hot Dog While Shopping at my Supermarket Today! - Pics within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I went to my local supermarket to do some shopping today, and discovered that they were having a big sale on Oscar Meyer products. And ...

Thread: I Saw a Giant 27 ft Long Hot Dog While Shopping at my Supermarket Today! - Pics

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

I went to my local supermarket to do some shopping today, and discovered that they were having a big sale on Oscar Meyer products. And guess what? To celebrate the promotion, one of the six Oscar Meyer Wienermobiles in the nation was present!!

I had never seen the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile before, although I can remember them from many decades ago as a child, along with the sales jingle: "I'd Love to Be an Oscar Meyer Wiener"

It turns out that Oscar Meyer still has 6 Wienermobiles in operation around the country, continuing to do tours to promote their products. They even have their own Blog website. So if you would like to see if the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile will be coming to your town soon, just check their schedule at this web address:

http://hotdoggerblog.com/

I really cannot come up with words to compare the Wienermobile to other vehicles:

How would you like to be on the highway driving behind this??

The Wienermobile was constantly jammed with parents taking their kids inside to see it, while I was there:

The Wienermobile drivers call themselves "Hotdoggers" Each Wienermobile has two Hotdoggers assigned to it. They were super fun and friendly:

Here is what the inside of the Wienermobile looks like:

VIP Member
    No built in grill for dogs on the go? Very interesting vehicle with a long history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wienermobile
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Did ya get your free wiener whistle?

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    No built in grill for dogs on the go? Very interesting vehicle with a long history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wienermobile
    One of the drivers did confirm to me that this was one of the 2004 Generation Wienermobiles mentioned in the Wiki article that you noted. There are a total of six of them stationed across the country. The one I saw is dedicated to the Northwest section of our country.

There is also a new mini-Wienermobile now, that is based on a Mini Cooper S. However, it just does not seem at all the same. I think it looks rather silly, myself.

Here is what it looks like:

VIP Member
    Awesome!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    One of the drivers did confirm to me that this was one of the 2004 Generation Wienermobiles mentioned in the Wiki article that you noted. There are a total of six of them stationed across the country. The one I saw is dedicated to the Northwest section of our country.

There is also a new mini-Wienermobile now, that is based on a Mini Cooper S. However, it just does not seem at all the same. I think it looks rather silly, myself.

Here is what it looks like:

Snausage!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member
    The one I saw is dedicated to the Northwest section of our country.
    Yup...I've seen that bad boy pass through my neck of the woods a few times...

I believe that 1 went missing awhile ago and was never found.

Well, I now know what I should have done after college...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    I believe that 1 went missing awhile ago and was never found.
    No, the truth of that story was that someone stole the custom license plates off of one of the current batch of Wienermobiles back in 2007. The license plate read: "YUMMY"

The vehicle was reported stolen, because of the stolen plates. And that caused confusion with law enforcement, and even was reported incorrectly in the press.

Oscar Meyer ended up getting the plates replaced. But the stolen report on the license was never updated. So that Wienermobile ended up being pulled over in Arizona by the Highway Patrol for being "stolen".

Here is a link to a news story update about that incident:

http://www.kval.com/news/national/8245117.html

When the officer that made the stop got back to his station, his fellow patrolmen "roasted" him over stopping the Wienermobile.

The Wienermobile drivers call themselves "Hotdoggers" Each Wienermobile has two Hotdoggers assigned to it. They were super fun and friendly:

Ok, I'll be the first to say it. Do you think they are super fun and friendly with each other in the back of that rolling wiener?

Thanks for posting, brings up childhood memories of those commercials and seeing the wienermobile on tv. The mini cooper version is full of fail.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Joker1:

If you go to the Hotdoggers web pages, you will see that of the 6 two person teams, 2 are all female, with 2 female drivers, and the other 4 have 1 guy with 1 girl.

They are all recent college grads, and most have a degree in either Journalism or Communications/Public Relations.

So apparently a 4 year degree is required to drive the Wienermobile.

Either that, or young college grads are unable to find decent jobs in the present economy.

Distinguished Member
    Joker1:

They are all recent college grads, and most have a degree in either Journalism or Communications/Public Relations.
    I have a degree in Communications and that explains it all.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member
    Well that pretty much explains it. Seems most journalist are "hotdoggers"!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links