Too Much Snow - PROOF POSITIVE Of Global Warming.

This is a discussion on Too Much Snow - PROOF POSITIVE Of Global Warming. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Or....WHOOPS! Was it too LITTLE Snow that was proof of Global Warming? I forget. (see the vid) No "Democrat" Political Comments. Global Warming...I Mean....Climate Change....I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Much Snow - PROOF POSITIVE Of Global Warming.

Administrator

Talking Too Much Snow - PROOF POSITIVE Of Global Warming.

Or....WHOOPS! Was it too LITTLE Snow that was proof of Global Warming? I forget. (see the vid)

No "Democrat" Political Comments.

Global Warming...I Mean....Climate Change....I Mean...Catastrophic Climate Change....Dang! I have the hardest time staying on top of the most "correct" term....it's NOW ~ (drum roll please)...
    WEATHER WEIRDNESS.

2. Remove Ads

Didnt you hear??? The ice caps melting is shoving the jet stream south and bronging the snow our way now....thats why its global warming to have lots of COLD snow...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Now wait last summer they reported that the ice pack was back to normal levels, that the data of the past was corrupt... Do you think that of Al were to give back the NOBEL money he won for an Inconvenient lie would it help any....

Western snow pack was at record levels last year, levels at lake Mead rose, ice was 9 inches thick on the water ways here by the second week of December and it usually takes to late January for that to occur, less snow makes the ice grow faster on lakes when it is cold out... Just a few holes in their stories...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

And I just have to add that five years ago penguins were starving because they had to go so far OVER the ice to get to open water that they were close to starvation before they got there. So is the ice level lower than that ( ie: back to normal) or what ?? Change happens... just ask any dinosaur...

VIP Member
    Well al gore did not make enough off inventing the Internet but along comes global warming and now he has a peace prize, a successful propaganda movie that got him an oscar and billions from selling “carbon credits”. Yes some people have done very well from a hoax.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Just read that the cold winter with all the snow is a result of a little girl - La Nina and she comes around ever so many years. Some times she will hang around for 2 years.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Global warming is a misnomer, the actual principle is called "global climate change" and is in fact a destabilization of weather patterns and temperature across the globe resulting in aberrant weather conditions and other so far unforeseen consequences. There is independent data correlating the validity of the theory, so I wouldn't be so quick to write it off as a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    Global warming is a misnomer, the actual principle is called "global climate change" and is in fact a destabilization of weather patterns and temperature across the globe resulting in aberrant weather conditions and other so far unforeseen consequences. There is independent data correlating the validity of the theory, so I wouldn't be so quick to write it off as a hoax.
    HMMMM so unforeseen? Didn't they say global cooling was the prob in the 70's. When will we actually see these unforeseen consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    HMMMM so unforeseen? Didn't they say global cooling was the prob in the 70's. When will we actually see these unforeseen consequences?
    At its current rate, factoring in the continued use and propagation of fossil fuels as well as mass deforestation, probably nearer to forty or sixty years before we begin to really get struck with devastating ecological and climatic blows. One example of this effect are the massive algae blooms and resultant jellyfish blooms which are choking off vast corridors of the ocean right now due to a mere 2-3 degree average temperature increase over the past thirty years. One massive thing that could happen with just a slight average salinity variation due to freshwater icecaps melting is the cessation of the oceanic conveyor belts, something that happened during the last ice age.

here in DFW, its been colder than in 10 or so years...Ice and snow for the last 4 days, and we have to put up with planned rolling blackouts all because of Obama not allowing more coal power plants. So we dont have enough energy to keep us all warm, because of regulations to limit pollution that is supposedly warming up the planet, but we are using more energy, because its colder than ever.Something like that. It if doesnt fit the agenda, just change the name... Climate change. Really, I thought they were called seasons?
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Administrator
    "There is independent data correlating the validity of the theory, so I wouldn't be so quick to write it off as a hoax."

Trust me that when there are literally Trillions of dollars at stake in "Cap & Trade" & "Carbon Credits & Carbon Offsets" ...I wouldn't be so quick to accept any independent study as the truth.

Google search "The Year Without A Summer" & "The Little Ice Age"

Administrator
    I got this in E-mail the other day & I'm not aware of it having any copyright so I'll post it here. I got a huge jolt out of it.

Okay, here’s the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet – all of you.
    Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress – it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesise into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know, it’s very disheartening to realise that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid’s “The Green Revolution” science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50p light bulbs with
    3 light bulbs …well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth’s atmosphere in just four days – yes – FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active
    volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time – EVERY DAY.
    I don’t really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in
    its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year – think about it.

Of course I shouldn’t spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the recognised 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant
    efforts to affect climate change.
    And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to
    three years. And it happens every year.
    Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus “human-caused” climate change scenario.
    Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention “Global Warming” any more, but just “Climate Change” – you know why? It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with
    their pants down.
    And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme – that whopping new tax – imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.

But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

something that happened during the last ice age.
    And this is known how? Did you ever watch the news about a current event on a couple of different sources and find that the facts don't agree? Buttttt we know without a doubt what was going on during the last ice age. I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night.
    I can tell you this though without a shadow of a doubt. My thermometer at my house goes down to -40F and Wednesday morning the mercury was well below that last mark.
    Last edited by Jeff F; February 4th, 2011 at 10:40 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Administrator
    It's interesting that way way back in Earths early history when all of the continents were one land mass called Pangea...CO2 levels were 500 times greater than they are now and plant life absolutely flourished and that astronomical amount of decayed and compressed dead plant life is where all of our coal and natural gas come from today.

Senior Moderator
    When I was a kid I was told in school that we were all gonna freeze to death.
    Now, I'm supposed to beleive that the earth is going to burn up because of us....

oh wait...strike that. Now our politicians are going to take care of us by taxing us to save us from ourselves.

Global warming is nothing more than a great way to make someone rich and it aint us.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links