Happy Birthday Mr. President !!

This is a discussion on Happy Birthday Mr. President !! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You turned 100 today, and are still one of America's most admired Presidents. Salute to a great American!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Mr. President !!

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Happy Birthday Mr. President !!

You turned 100 today, and are still one of America's most admired Presidents.

Salute to a great American!

2. Remove Ads

How old is that in chimpanzee yerars?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member
    He was a great President. I miss him and the years that he ran the country.

A salute to The Gipper. The 10 best Ronald Reagan quotes:

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"Honey, I forgot to duck." -- to his wife, Nancy Reagan, after the assassination attempt.

"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -- of his famous jelly beans.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."

"In America, our origins matter less than our destination, and that is what democracy is all about."

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.”

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

We need another President like him now. Happy birthday President Reagan you are one of the best of the best, rest in peace..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Rest in peace Sir, Hand Salute to you.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    "Honey, I forgot to duck." -- to his wife, Nancy Reagan, after the assassination attempt.

He had some other really great quotes that he said after his assassination attempt.

To his surgeons as they were getting ready to operate on him he queried:

"I hope you're all Republicans."

The chief surgeon then replied to him: "Mr. President, today everyone is a Republican."

In fact, all the doctors at George Washington University Hospital that operated on Regan and saved his life that day were registered Democrats.

When Reagan finally woke up and regained consciousness after the operation, he found an attractive young nurse at his side, holding his hand for support.

To her, he quipped: "Does Nancy know about us?"

Finally, later in his stay at the hospital, a nurse asked him how he was feeling. In replying, he paid homage to the legendary W.C. Fields:

"All in all, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."

VIP Member
    Great President and even greater American. We need more like him. RIP President Reagan.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    God Bless.....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Happy Birthday President Reagan...

I am pleased to have shared the same birthday...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Definitely one of the best. Most of the first half of my Naval career was spent serving under President Reagan, was the best/most enjoyable part of my service. I echo the sentiment that we need another in his mold who will stand on principle, not politics or popularity.

Sorry.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Senior Moderator
    I actually ate dinner with him back in 1981. It was served upon the U.S.S. Constellation when he came to see the awesome display of firepower put on by our various jets. The F-14 was pretty new at the time and we watched lots of bombs being dropped in the water. It was great and a treat that not many got to see.

For the ones invited to eat with him, we had to go to a class on etiquette to make sure that we were nice and civil like. The main menu for the day was fried chicken and we had to learn how to eat it with a fork. I remember everyone throwing a fit about that, as it just wasn't the natural way to eat chicken but we got through it. So there we were in dress whites, and he walked in. Everyone stood at attention until he sat down. Then he got up again and removed his jacket, placed his tie into his shirt and put on a silk bib. There was a large silver platter of chicken being passed around and he grabbed several pieces of it and placed them on his plate. He then grabbed a chicken leg and ate it just like you are supposed to...with the hands. We all looked around and figured what the heck, if he could do it so could we and not a word was said about it. Eventually, the Captain, a couple of Admirals and other high ranking officers followed his lead and quit using the forks on the chicken. The Pres made the comment that some things were meant to be eaten by hand and that somehow using silverware just wasn't right.

He displayed a sharp sense of humor and was as friendly to all as one could hope to meet. He talked about the display of weapons and how impressed he was by such and hoped that he would never have to authorize use of such but he also understood that it is all that some people in the worked could understand. He was a very interesting person and it was one of the highlights of my youth. At that time I had no idea that he would become one of America's greats.

And yes, Shockwave, I am sorry that you did not meet him.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Great President and even greater American. We need more like him. RIP President Reagan.
    Amen to that, Remember leaving school we herd on the radio that there was a assassination attempt on the president. Thanks for sharing HotGuns

He was in my opinon one of the best Presidents this country has ever had. He understood the way the world worked in a way that our leader today have no idea of. He was a very large part of bringing the Soviet Union to it's knees and ending the cold war. There is no longer a wall in Berlin largely due to Ronald Reagan.

He was my Commander in Chief when i joined the US Navy and still was the best I served under.

RIP Mr. President, you earned it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links