Too Funny: Romance Store Offers Gun Trade in For Valentine's Day !! (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Too Funny: Romance Store Offers Gun Trade in For Valentine's Day !! (MERGED) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This has got to beat all. An adult store in Huntsville, Alabama is offering a special gun trade in program in honor of the upcoming ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Funny: Romance Store Offers Gun Trade in For Valentine's Day !! (MERGED)

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Too Funny: Romance Store Offers Gun Trade in For Valentine's Day !! (MERGED)

This has got to beat all. An adult store in Huntsville, Alabama is offering a special gun trade in program in honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day next week.

For 8 days starting today, customers can bring guns into their stores, and they say that they will then give the customer a store credit equivalent to the market value of the gun, for the shopper to then use for buying any of their romance products.

Their hokey ad is just plain silly, showing a guy kissing a Glock, next to a gorgeous woman puckering up for a kiss.

Tell me, which would you rather kiss: your Glock, or a pretty woman? Or would you rather have both?

I wonder if folks that take advantage of this offer will actually get anything like the real value of their guns? I guess that in today's tough economy, more stores might try doing this, as a way to attract more business? They must figure that getting guns in trade is almost as good as receiving cash.

Here is what their silly ad looks like:

This story is actually making national news, and was featured on both CNN and MSNBC today.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Unless they're offering actual women in trade...but then again, my wife wouldn't like that very much...

Which one would I rather kiss? The glock ( as long as it isn't the one the guy in the picture is kissing). For the simple fact the lady in the picture isn't my particular cup of tea.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Unless they're offering actual women in trade...but then again, my wife wouldn't like that very much...
    They only have stores like that in Nevada.

VIP Member
    Question is, what will they do with the guns taken in trade??
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    The glock......
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Hmmmm. I sleep with my gun EVERY night. I sleep with my spouse maybe twice a week.
    ........well that's a no-brainer!
    it's a much better bed-partner anyway. Doesn't snore or fart or hog the covers.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Tala...you need a 1911 guy!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I see an underlying program from the anti's to "get guns off the streets."

There have been other programs as such. Some offer tickets to sporting events or cash. Anyhow you look at this, just another attempt to encourage people to disarm themselves.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Trade guns for sex toys? tis is a new one for me

This was posted on WHNT.COM. This will make Headlines lol
    Sign In

News Email Alerts Tech Talk Huntsville/Madison Co. Morgan/Limestone Sand Mountain Shoals Crimestoppers Traffic Nation/World Obituaries Weather Today 7-Day Facebook Twitter Weather In The Tennessee Valley Classroom Photos Meet Our Meteorologists Sketch The Sky NOAA Weather Radios Sports National Signing Day 2011 Local Sports Alabama Auburn Other SEC Teams Huntsville Havoc 19th Hole Taking Action Deal or Dud Pay It Forward Driving You Crazy Investigative Reports BBB Consumer Alerts Noon Interviews Good Question Video Watch CBS Shows on WHNT.com CBS NEWS: Live Video About Us WHNT NEWS 19 Team: Bios, Blogs Contact Us Facebook & Friend of the Day Twitter WHNT App Center Job Openings & EEO Reports Advertise With Us Shows CBS Shows Find WHNT, WHNT-HD & WHNT2 WHNT Programming Schedule WHNT2 Antenna TV Kids' Programming Technical Issues Closed Captioning Legal Health Health & Wellness Scale Back Alabama Dr. Oz Health Tips HealthTeacher Prostate Cancer Awareness Dunagan, Yates & Alison Plastic Surgery Center Lifestyle Valentine's Day Love Line Entertainment Movies Garden Tips Lottery Food Mr. Food He Cooks, She Cooks Weddings Green Living Pets Auto Auto News Gas Tracker Contests WHNT NEWS 19 Crappy TV Contest 'Win Her with Diamonds' Earring Giveaway Red Carpet Music Awards Contest Win Alabama RV Supershow Tickets Real Deals Community Celebrating Black History Community Calendar 'CSI: The Experience' - Through May 1 at U.S. Space & Rocket Center
    HOT TRENDS Celebrating Black History Love Line Your Photos: Upload Them Here! National Signing Day 2011 SEVERE WEATHER ALERT1 of 1 alerts
    Winter Storm Watch: Colbert, AL; Cullman, AL; De Kalb, AL; Etowah, AL; Franklin, AL; Jackson, AL; Lauderdale, AL; Lawrence, AL; Limestone, AL; Lincoln, TN; Madison, AL; Marion, AL; Marshall, AL; Morgan, AL; Winston, AL
    1 of 1 alerts

Home > WHNT NEWS 19 > Huntsville & Madison County Pleasures To Trade Adult Toys For Guns
    Event is scheduled for February 8-15
    Share 0diggsdiggClaire Aiello

Web Content Manager

2:25 p.m. CST, February 8, 2011
    E-mail Print Share Text Size whnt-sex-toys-owner-of-sex-toy-shop-to-trade-adult-toys-for-guns-20110208
    HUNTSVILLE, AL
    Huntsville's adult toy store definitely knows how to stay in the news. This time, Pleasures owner Sherri Williams says her store is working to get 300 guns off the streets, trading them for adult toys.

The "Guns for Toys" event is scheduled for February 8-15 at the Pleasures drive-thru store on University Drive. David Smith, owner and licensed gun dealer of Blue Steel Gun Works, will be at the store daily from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. to assess the value and condition of the guns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Its my contribution to making love, not war here in Alabama, where guns are legal and adult toys are not, said Williams.

Were loading our silver bullets to take aim at the hearts of gun enthusiasts who may rather kiss a woman than their gun on this Valentine's Day, Williams added.

Williams says all guns that were used in a crime will be handed over to authorities, while all others will be auctioned off at MyPleasureStore.com. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the victims of violent crimes through the Alabama Crime Victims Compensation Commission.

Sorry did not post right. Go to www.whnt.com to find story

Well, I am still physically able to use my gun!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The owner says she is doing this to get guns off the street, but then at the end it says all guns not used in crimes will be auctioned off. I have no problem with them auctioning them off, but her logic does not add up unless she has a lot of customers who are criminals.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    If I came home with a sex toy as a suprise for my wife I'd better have traded off all the guns in the house, LOL
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Wouldn't want to get the two confused might end in a bad day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links