What is Next? Fashionista $5,000 Fanny Packs for Concealed Weapons?

This is a discussion on What is Next? Fashionista $5,000 Fanny Packs for Concealed Weapons? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What is this world coming to, folks? The fashionista's are now copying us? WE now know what they really think of us meat-eating men of ...

Thread: What is Next? Fashionista $5,000 Fanny Packs for Concealed Weapons?

Talking What is Next? Fashionista $5,000 Fanny Packs for Concealed Weapons?

What is this world coming to, folks? The fashionista's are now copying us?

WE now know what they really think of us meat-eating men of men, toting our weapons in the oft-maligned accessory.

Fanny packs, small bags that fasten around the waist, are among the most reviled accessories in modern culture, carrying inevitable associations with "scary American tourists at the Louvre,"
    The look enjoyed a fleeting moment of fabulousness in the late 1980s when Chanel featured a quilted version on the runway, but soon thereafter it was relegated to the status of TV gag. On an early episode of "Seinfeld," Jerry Seinfeld points to George Costanza's fanny pack and says that it "looks like your belt is digesting a small animal."
    A "Must Have" accessory?

Louis Vuitton helped reignite the fanny-pack fad last year after putting new styles on the runway. Hermès gave the trend a luxury lift with its slender $4,675 "Kelly Bandeau," set to arrive in stores for spring.

And the historical:

Belted satchels have adorned the waists of men and women for centuries. The Greeks attached small animal-hide bags containing coins to their belts. Crusaders wore "alms bags" pinned to girdles fastened around their midriffs, a convenient way to distribute money to the poor.
    And "Only in California":

In Los Angeles, 30-year-old fashion designer Lizz Wasserman says she rotates her wardrobe of 20 different fanny packs because they are simply the most convenient way she can think of to carry stuff.

"If you go out dancing, a fanny pack is very necessary," she says. "Especially if you don't want other people dancing with you."
    Now, that's more than you really wanted to know, eh?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000....html?mod=e2fb

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It may be just me but for $5000 I think I would pick up a couple of nice 1911s a holster or two and lots of practice ammo instead. On second thought I may just get the 1893 S Morgan silver dollar to complete my set plus just one 1911.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I keep a fanny pack holster as an option. Don't wear it much though, more because it just doesn't stay where I put it and it would look really weird hanging from suspenders.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

To each his/her own....
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

On one hand, I would like for the fanny pack to be socially acceptable... on the other hand, I can't help but be reviled at the thought of wearing around a fanny pack! haha

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    On one hand, I would like for the fanny pack to be socially acceptable... on the other hand, I can't help but be reviled at the thought of wearing around a fanny pack! haha
    When I'm riding my Harley, I carry in a fanny pack... Carrying on the waist either results in the gun printing or being completely visible sometimes...

Then again, being from Orlando, I guess you would have to have one of those Mickey Mouse fanny packs like you see on all the tourists... OK, I can see why you could have a problem with that...

Distinguished Member
    I also read this today and sighed. Oh well, if fannypacks do become fashionable again they will look less like "gun" and more like "lipgloss".

Maybe one of the things behind this are the new gigantic phone/devices. They just will not fit in a girls pocket.

And did you see that orange is the hot new color? Will the LCP come out in Valencia and black two tone??

Links