Victim Selection FAIL for Sterling VA Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Victim Selection FAIL for Sterling VA Home Invasion within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was the first alert I received a few days ago... from Loudoun Sheriff <alert25473@alert.loudoun.gov> to RSAN <rsan@alert.loudoun.gov> date Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:50 ...

Thread: Victim Selection FAIL for Sterling VA Home Invasion

Victim Selection FAIL for Sterling VA Home Invasion

This was the first alert I received a few days ago...

from Loudoun Sheriff <alert25473@alert.loudoun.gov>
    to RSAN <rsan@alert.loudoun.gov>
    date Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    subject Two shot, one dead in Sterling
    mailed-by alert.loudoun.gov

hide details Feb 10 (2 days ago)

The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is on the scene of a double shooting in the 1200 blk of E. Kennedy Rd., Sterling. One of the individuals who was shot has died of his injuries and the other is in critical condition. The weapons and everyone involved are accounted for. The entire scene was confined to this one house. There is no on-going danger to the public. Investigators are on the scene. The identity of the parties involved is being withheld until further information is obtained and others notified.

There will be a more detailed update later tonight.

Sent to E-mail accounts, Pagers, Cell phones through Alert Loudoun
    ... powered by the Roam Secure Alert Network
    Updates(Emphasis added):
    from Loudoun Sheriff <alert25487@alert.loudoun.gov>
    date Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    subject Update on Sterling Shootings

hide details Feb 11 (2 days ago)

Last night's shooting of two men during what appeared to be a botched home invasion robbery remains under investigation. The two alleged robbery suspects were shot by one of the occupants of the residence in the 1200 blk of E. Kennedy Dr. One, a 28-year-old Loudoun Co. man, was found in the residence when Sheriff's Deputies arrived. He was transported to Inova Loudoun Hospital at Lansdowne, where he was pronounced dead. The second subject fled the scene and was apparently driven to the same hospital, but was transferred to Inova Fairfax with a life-threatening gunshot wound.

The following is updated information regarding this incident:

The second wounded suspect is now listed in stable condition at Inova Fairfax Hospital. The identities of the two men who were shot will not be released until the next of kin have been located and notified. That process is on-going at this time.

There were 7 people inside the residence when the alleged home invasion occurred. All 7 have been identified and interviews have been conducted. The only injury to the occupants of the house was a bloody nose. That person was treated and released. No one else was injured.

The Sheriff's Office is still seeking the identity of the person who drove the second suspect to the hospital. Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff Office at 703-777-0445.

The Sheriff's Office will not publicly speculate on a motive at this time, but the incident is not believed to be gang-related.

Unless some breaking news occurs, the next update on this case will likely be released after 5PM.

And Yet another update(whats with this victim crap? LCSO starting to sound like the darned slanted media):
    from Loudoun Sheriff <alert25493@alert.loudoun.gov>
    date Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    subject Victim from Sterling Robbery, Shooting Identified

hide details 4:56 PM (21 hours ago)

Loudoun Co: The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the man who was shot and killed during what is believed to have been a botched home invasion robbery on Thursday night.

Anthony Devoure Miles, a 28-year-old black male, was found at the scene suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to Inova Loudoun Hospital in Lansdowne, where he was pronounced dead. Miles lived with family in Manassas, though he had lived off and on in the Sterling area over the last few years. Investigators informed his family this afternoon.

The identity of the other injured party has not been released, pending notification of his family. The 32-year-old man is in stable condition at Inova Fairfax Hospital recovering from a gunshot wound.

Investigators are still trying to identify the person believed to have driver the surviving party to the hospital. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Sheriff's Office at 703-777-1021.

No other new information is available at this time.

"My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Sounds like a knee slapping good time
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

The dead dirtbag was NOT a victim...he was a dirtbag, and now he's a dead dirtbag...never to haunt neighborhoods again.
    Hopefully, the surviving dirtbag will be charged with the death of his dead fellow dirtbag.

(I hope I don't sound too harsh.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The dead dirtbag was NOT a victim...he was a dirtbag, and now he's a dead dirtbag...never to haunt neighborhoods again.
    Hopefully, the surviving dirtbag will be charged with the death of his dead fellow dirtbag.

Hey, retsupt99, I don't think you were harsh at all. With a little more practice the homeowner will get both next time.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Glad the outcome of this was bad for the "dirt bags". I'm just waiting until the dead one's Mama comes out to say...

"what a good boy he was... he was turning his life around... he should not have been shot like that... why didn't the guy just shoot him in the leg... we didn't know he was doing stuff like that...yada....yada....yada"

Maybe someone should get the homeowner a new box of ammo for his effort.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Charged with the death of his dirtbag friend? I'd prefer he have an accident at the hospital or something along those lines...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Links