No more Paypal!

No more Paypal!

This is a discussion on No more Paypal! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Don't think I'll cross any lines here or disappoint anyone. UBG Holsters is transitioning to a Paypal free shopping experience. Soon, we will no longer ...

Thread: No more Paypal!

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar

No more Paypal!

Don't think I'll cross any lines here or disappoint anyone.

UBG Holsters is transitioning to a Paypal free shopping experience. Soon, we will no longer deal with them at all.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    Woohoo!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Nice, I still have the Canute rig you made for my 1911 a few years back, and it still does the job very well.

I don't want to de-rail your thread, but out of curiosity, do you use one of your OWB's for your Glock 36, and if so, which one?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I understand and can appreciate your reasons to drop PayPal, but you're taking away one efficient and easy way for your customers without credit cards to pay. Worst part is, PP will never even know you're gone or why, nor would they care. So the only folks hurting are the potential customers.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Administrator
    Ebay purchased PayPal some time ago. Ebay is home based in California. The state of CA. took Ebay to court years ago...and it was ruled that Ebay must abide by all CA. rules & regs regarding all Ebay sales and transactions even if those Ebay transactions take place "state to state" & neither of those states is inclusive of California. So I guess that PayPal must now operate under those same legal restrictions.
    That is why anything listed on Ebay that is prohibited in CA. cannot be sold on Ebay even if the seller is say...from PA. & the buyer resides in TN.
    Both Ebay & PayPal are both all about the money. If they could legally allow firearm related transactions..both would I'm sure.

Wow I always wondered what the deal with them was... that makes sense though. Wish eBay would move out of KA.

Distinguished Member
    Nate, don't forget to update your FAQ! It still has Paypal under the payment instructions.

Also, I notice that the Striker doesn't show reinforcement as an option in the pull-down.

Good luck in your transition!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Interesting ..... I received an email today from paypal asking me to pay ubg via paypal for a holster that I don't remember ordering. Usually, when I order something online, I keep a copy of it in my folders, and print a copy of the final order page, but I have nothing on a holster ordered from ubg.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Links