The Newcasters on CNN Really Crack Me Up! This was Too Much!!

This is a discussion on The Newcasters on CNN Really Crack Me Up! This was Too Much!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I cannot believe listening to CNN tonight. The news staff is talking about all of the protests and rioting in Bahrain, Yemen, and Libya today. ...

Thread: The Newcasters on CNN Really Crack Me Up! This was Too Much!!

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

The Newcasters on CNN Really Crack Me Up! This was Too Much!!

I cannot believe listening to CNN tonight. The news staff is talking about all of the protests and rioting in Bahrain, Yemen, and Libya today. After doing some considerable thinking, they then decide that the key thing that is fomenting all of this trouble is high unemployment and a lack of decent jobs.

And then, in flash of incredible brilliance, one of the newscast staff says that the SOLUTION to this problem is for the US government to give economic aid to these countries, and for US Corporations to start investing inside these nations and creating jobs there!!!!! OMG, I almost suffered a stroke when I heard that!!!

What about creating some economic growth and jobs here inside our own country???

At this rate, I may have to give up on CNN, just like I have stopped watching MSNBC, NBC news, and CBS news.

How can people think like this? I was practically floored to hear someone talk like this.

I don't even know the name of the reporter that made these statements on the air. He was some young guy that I'm not familiar with.

2. Remove Ads

I sure the hell don't watch CNN for my news. If I bring myself to watch the news, it's Fox news and I'm sure to watch it after the nutty Glenn Beck hour.

VIP Member
    I haven’t watched the Clinton News Network since Slick Willy was in the Oval Office.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Hmmmm...maybe the cause of the unrest is...lack of freedom???
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I like watching CNN HLN (Head Line News) for cutie NATASHA CURRY!
    She also fills in for Robin Meade as well.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Central economic planning, lack of social, personal, and religious freedom, corruption, and a bleak future... all of this has been building up for generations. The economy is getting worse, and that set up off the powderkeg. Sorry, some American company opening up a factory or two there isn't going to pacify everyone.

As I recall, the US did send plenty of money there before - supporting the old regimes. The people view us as part of their problem, and they don't want anything to do with us. This is their revolution. Only naive CNN anchors would think they're waving American flags over there.

Send money to Bahrain? I think not, they got plenty there.

Yemen - too many terrorists.
    Libya - Kadaffy Duck is still in charge.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Well, all three places are in metaphorical and literal flames at the moment. Qaddafi threatened to kill anyone protesting, and has already done so. He's even hired African mercenaries to raid and slaughter camps where peaceful protesters are staying. Situation is not good for these folks.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Well, all three places are in metaphorical and literal flames at the moment. Qaddafi threatened to kill anyone protesting, and has already done so. He's even hired African mercenaries to raid and slaughter camps where peaceful protesters are staying. Situation is not good for these folks.
    Qaddafi is a murderer plain and simple. There is no way that he will go, as long as he is still alive.

How on earth our government let Libya get away with having their agents blow up a 747 full of 189 American citizens is still something I cannot understand. His head should have been served to the American people on a platter. And then for the British and Scots to let the one Libyan arrested and convicted of the crime out of prison, well, that was a total joke.

Murder 270 people, and get out of prison. Our world has gone totally insane.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    These are the same liberals who got hoodwinked by the Iranian revolution circa 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I cannot believe listening to CNN tonight. The news staff is talking about all of the protests and rioting in Bahrain, Yemen, and Libya today. After doing some considerable thinking, they then decide that the key thing that is fomenting all of this trouble is high unemployment and a lack of decent jobs.

And then, in flash of incredible brilliance, one of the newscast staff says that the SOLUTION to this problem is for the US government to give economic aid to these countries, and for US Corporations to start investing inside these nations and creating jobs there!!!!! OMG, I almost suffered a stroke when I heard that!!!

What about creating some economic growth and jobs here inside our own country???

At this rate, I may have to give up on CNN, just like I have stopped watching MSNBC, NBC news, and CBS news.How can people think like this? I was practically floored to hear someone talk like this.

I don't even know the name of the reporter that made these statements on the air. He was some young guy that I'm not familiar with.

I watch MSNBC only for such programs as Lockup I've been getting almost sick seeing promo's for the upcoming Chris Matthews slobberfest titled Bill Clinton, President of the World.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    These are the same liberals who got hoodwinked by the Iranian revolution circa 1979.
    It is absolutely amazing how many journalists are currently trying to tell us that the Muslim Brotherhood is not a bunch of extremists, and how they just want democracy like the rest of us.

It will be interesting to see what happens this Tuesday, when that Iranian missile Frigate and its supply ship both enter the Mediterranean.

Here is a photo of the Iranian missile Frigate:

You know, here China is now such a good friend of the USA, and they went ahead and sold the Iranians their advanced C-802 Anti-ship missles to put on this Frigate. Why on earth would the Chinese have done that?

This is what they look like:

Actually, that is not a photo of the C-802 missile. That photo shows the quad box launchers for the C-802. They are mounted a mid-ships and face starboard and port. Here is a photo of the actual missile. It is similar to the US Harpoon anti ship missile.

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Life over there has been hard for a long time, but survivable. Food prices have gone up, a lot, and people are on the edge of starvation now, and communications (Twitter, Internet, etc) allows people to discover they are not alone, and to have enough people get out and protest before the regime is able to step on it.

China, OTOH, has been keeping a paranoid eye on the people, and has already suppressed a couple of protests before they even got off the ground.

Politicians world wide are undoubtedly taking notes on how China is doing it.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Of all the networks, Fox tends to broadcast stuff I agree with more often than the others.
    But I'll never be so foolish as to forget that they are ALL businesses, and making money is their primary objective.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Links