Downside of C & R Collectors License??

This is a discussion on Downside of C & R Collectors License?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; All... Just wondering if a C&R license is the best way to go...like everyone else, trying to get the best prices on toy accessories. Brownell's ...

All...
    Just wondering if a C&R license is the best way to go...like everyone else, trying to get the best prices on toy accessories. Brownell's and Midway offer discounts to license holders...but if the downside is more terrible than paying full price for things, this may not be the way to go. Just wondering...if any C&R holders out there have any negative things to say...any horror stories??
    Much appreciated...Phalanx (SASS#48381/IPSC A11782)
    Phalanx
    "Shooter Ready?"

The biggest complaint I've heard from others with a C&R is that it causes their wallets to empty too quickly (I haven't had this problem because my wallet was empty BEFORE I got my C&R).

Only annoyance I've had is keeping the bound book, but frankly I should keep a second one with all my non C&R stuff in it anyway just in case there is a fire or my house gets broken into or something.

I've never heard any "horror stories" (of course there are some paranoid curmudgeons who believe getting one will put you on "the list" that the fed.gov keeps of "first people to be send to the camps when we outlaw guns" )

I had a C&R for a term (3yrs) and didn't renew it. I can get another later. Right now I don't have the money to collect. My plan was to get one of each of the guns on both sides from all US wars after the civil war.

The AFT doesn't usually mess with C&Rs. I haven't heard of horror stories at all. They usually stick with the SOTs and 01s.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I have one and can only say +1 on the wallet being more empty faster..

I have not had any collectibles sent in, but the folks in Midway almost have a direct line to my paycheck these days...

Ummm...

I would say it's a wallet thingy type deal. About I can usually find is mothballs when I go to buy lunch.

But I got a lot of kewl toys at home.
    Team WTFDTSG?

***** happens, it becomes the past. Live with it, learn from it and get on with it.

Yes, I have a horror story:

When I first obtained my C&R, Sistema 1911's were still around. I thought to myself, "I can wait" and then they dried up on the supply

So, if you get one, and you see a pistol (pistols are the ones that seem to always be in short supply), GET IT!

Other than that, it's neat to have.

Wayne

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    No matter the no horror storys personaly I will not take any action which tends to violate my 4th and 14th rights . Call me what you will but if BATFE needs to look at my crap that if fine , just show up in the daylight with a valid warrent . The minimal cost that my " scrounging " is over any lincence is fine , since no one can " inspect " sh** , as george bush would say lol , without a proper warrent . ( and if they come up with pc for a judge to go along with a warrent its going to be an embarassment to them unless they want to factor in farm use items ( fender warshers have been called silencer baffels and my god as a pesticide applicator they would run amuck on the chemicals arround ) as illegal then they will have some explaining to do lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Get one.

You'll love it.

I have experienced only two downsides. First, as others have pointed out, the ready accessibility to inexpensive firearms (and accessories) makes money fly away. Second, I have begun to run out of space to store my guns & ammo.

No kidding.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2
    Get one.

You'll love it.

I have experienced only two downsides. First, as others have pointed out, the ready accessibility to inexpensive firearms (and accessories) makes money fly away. Second, I have begun to run out of space to store my guns & ammo.

No kidding.
    Yepper.. and them gun safes ain't too cheap, neither!
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

c&r problems

One of the guys in the club is on his 3rd gun cabinet, probably
    due to his c&r.

JimB

Quote Originally Posted by jimbthestripper
    One of the guys in the club is on his 3rd gun cabinet, probably
    due to his c&r.

JimB
    I don't buy gun cabinets anymore.........

I just build gun ROOMS....
    Team WTFDTSG?

***** happens, it becomes the past. Live with it, learn from it and get on with it.

Links