Bloomberg's truck coming your way ?

This is a discussion on Bloomberg's truck coming your way ? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://gothamist.com/2011/02/16/mayo..._anti-ille.php...

Thread: Bloomberg's truck coming your way ?

Bloomberg's truck coming your way ?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Bloomy is an idiot. The day he gives up his taxpayer's paid police protection I might consider at least listening to his crap. Until then I'll file his opinion in the BS file along with Dianne Feinstein, Rosie O'Donnell and Chuckie Schumer.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

So if you run the math on his statistics, you're 3 times as likely to be killed by a vehicular accident than by murder using a gun. Put another way, you're probably more likely to get run over by his truck.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    If that truck comes my way I will go out and razz them and laugh in their faces. I might even open carry just to really piss them off.

Bloomberg and his goons are breaking the law every time they attempt to purchase guns at a gunshow. Someone needs to put them where they belong.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

If they have somebody from out of state try to buy a gun from a private individual knowing it's against the law they should be arrested and charged and everybody involved including his Highness be charged with conspiracy to illegally possess a firearm
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    What is so aggravating is the implication that I do not care about murders involving guns. I believe that as a group we are more angry about gun violence than any other group because we resent the negative implication on the exercising of our rights, our respect for firearms and the responsibility we take on by carrying guns. My apologies for the run on sentence.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

If anyone finds the planned route of the truck, please post it. I can't find anything more than the current and next cities on the fix gun checks website.

Only 25 states are planned, bet that truck has no plans to cross the Mississippi, certainly not the Missouri rivers.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    There was a case in federal court years ago that forced the state of Virginia to take care of New York's trash. To bad Bloomberg wasn't in the trash truck. We could have disposed of him with the rest of New York's trash. Actually I would love to see the VSP stop the truck at the border, turn it around, and send it back to New York with a note saying in essence to stay the ____ out of Virginia and Virginia laws.

If'n he was to stop in Denver, I would be obliged to show up with a protest sign that reads "Fix your stats" and be prepared to answer any questions from those that ask what I mean with real numbers.

Example;
    Of the supposed 34 persons shot, xx were felons committing a crime and shot by the police, xx were felons shot by another felon, x were felons shot by an innocent law abiding citizen defending themselves, .xx was an otherwise good person that snapped after months of warning signs, and broke several other laws before the shot, and .xx was a suicide.

Please note that the felons were already breaking several other laws just being in possession of the gun, and obtained them illegally, and if the proposed laws that Mr. Bloomberg wants in place, they would still have them.

However, it is extremely difficult and expensive for the law abiding citizen to legally obtain a firearm. Permits, licenses, retail price, taxes...A gun purchased off the street in an illegal fashion is 1/4 the cost at most.

Regardless of the laws we pass, the felons will still be able to get guns.

Stop making laws, and start enforcing.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Yr. /... Pop. of US/ Violent crime/per 100,000/.......murder&non neg. homicide/per 100,000
    2009/ 307,006,550/ 1,318,398/.......... 429.4 / ..................15,241/........ .............5.0

Taken from here;Table 1 - Crime in the United States 2009

Bloomberg is a rich moron.
    His figure would have to assume that ALL people Murdered in this country, were in fact killed by firearms alone.
    Stupid assumption.

Here are th figures for 1990.
    He probably doesn't want you to see these figures.

Yr.1990 /..Pop of US,249,464,396/.. violent crime ,1,820,127/..Per 100,000, 729.6/..Murder and non-negl. homicide, 23,438/..Per 100,000, 9.4

8197 LESS murders in the country, than in 1990.

Someone needs to tell this BUFFOON to stay in NYC where the other weirdos live.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    He should stick to sodium levels in NYC restaurants and leave us the heck alone....Nah-ny state....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Links