Ted Nugent plays National Anthem

This is a discussion on Ted Nugent plays National Anthem within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ted Nugent: Rocker, Hunter, Political Activist Love it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ted Nugent plays National Anthem

Ted Nugent plays National Anthem

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

One of the most articulate speakers there is on freedom and what it means to be an American. Rock On Ted!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Uncle Ted does not mince words. He tells it like it is rather people like it or not. I for one LOVE it !!!

This is a bit old but still great.

EclippTV :: Video :: Ted Nugent On Gun Control

Oh to have a shred of his musical talent. Awesome performance of the Star Spangled Banner. Would trade all the vocalists goofing up the Anthem for Nugent or about any great guitarist to perform this great music. A great guitar rendition always gets me pumped.

BTW, Ted, can you please run for president?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    A lot of "draft dodgers" back then realized that fighting a war in someone else's back yard without a prior strike to our own homeland was foolish. The last justified war the USA entered was WW2. All the wars since then have been nothing but money making schemes for the military industrial complex. Our military should only be used to protect the mainland USA, not being the world's police force. All the wars since WW2 have been so called "justified" under the premise of spreading freedom. If people of a country get invaded or don't like their government, they themselves need to be the ones to fight back like our founding fathers once did. If the US military keeps doing the dirty work for these 3rd world hellholes, the people of these countries will never be able to maintain a lasting freedom because they weren't the ones that sacrificed everything to get that freedom in the first place.

It's not that I am anti-military, but I do highly value our soldiers as a great asset to OUR country, not anyone else's. If any one of our soldiers has to loose his life over a cause, it had better be for our own homeland.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I normally like him, but I could not stand his version of the national anthem. Hurt my ears so bad that I had to close the video real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    A lot of "draft dodgers" back then realized that fighting a war in someone else's back yard without a prior strike to our own homeland was foolish. The last justified war the USA entered was WW2. All the wars since then have been nothing but money making schemes for the military industrial complex. Our military should only be used to protect the mainland USA, not being the world's police force. All the wars since WW2 have been so called "justified" under the premise of spreading freedom. If people of a country get invaded or don't like their government, they themselves need to be the ones to fight back like our founding fathers once did. If the US military keeps doing the dirty work for these 3rd world hellholes, the people of these countries will never be able to maintain a lasting freedom because they weren't the ones that sacrificed everything to get that freedom in the first place.

It's not that I am anti-military, but I do highly value our soldiers as a great asset to OUR country, not anyone else's. If any one of our soldiers has to loose his life over a cause, it had better be for our own homeland.
    Yep, let your brothers go but stay back home and hide like a coward, then pop up 30 years later talking the big patriotic tough guy talk..... no excuses

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I normally like him, but I could not stand his version of the national anthem. Hurt my ears so bad that I had to close the video real quick.
    +1. Really rough extemporaneous runs and transitions, and all aspects of actual tone have apparently been cast by the wayside. I was embarrassed for him... Here, this should cure what ails you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL8aeeSTthQ
    "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"
    -Wendell Phillips

“Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.”
    -The Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

I don't know guys. Having served my country, and matured over the years, I have come to believe that true patriotism is to question the actions of your country, rather than blindly follow it based on an emotional sense of duty. Our leaders are not always right, and all the blood shed by patriotic brave men will not make it so, if the cause is unrightous.

I question our involvement in Viet Nam and Korea, and Desert Storm. I question our current policy in Afghanistan. We have lost our way as a country, with no clear objectives, and no resolve to do what is necassary to win.

Our country is nothing more than a zombie land. Our childrens minds are poisoned with sickening music and drugs, and we the people do not even know who we are anymore.

We idolize athletes and so called music artists who cannot articulate a sentence, or know the proper way to wear clothing, spend money making them rich, while we gag at paying our educators and other contributers to society a living wage.

Why are we still in war? Why haven't we decimated the whole damn area? Our gas should be .99 cent a gallon, because we should have taken it as a spoil of war. And a warning to all others, if one hair on one Americans head is injured, you are next.

Ok, sorry about the rant, I feel better now.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I don't know guys. Having served my country, and matured over the years, I have come to believe that true patriotism is to question the actions of your country, rather than blindly follow it based on an emotional sense of duty. Our leaders are not always right, and all the blood shed by patriotic brave men will not make it so, if the cause is unrightous.

I question our involvement in Viet Nam and Korea, and Desert Storm. I question our current policy in Afghanistan. We have lost our way as a country, with no clear objectives, and no resolve to do what is necassary to win.

Our country is nothing more than a zombie land. Our childrens minds are poisoned with sickening music and drugs, and we the people do not even know who we are anymore.

We idolize athletes and so called music artists who cannot articulate a sentence, or know the proper way to wear clothing, spend money making them rich, while we gag at paying our educators and other contributers to society a living wage.

Why are we still in war? Why haven't we decimated the whole damn area? Our gas should be .99 cent a gallon, because we should have taken it as a spoil of war. And a warning to all others, if one hair on one Americans head is injured, you are next.Ok, sorry about the rant, I feel better now.
    Well said, Gman.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    +1 On Gmans statement

Why are we still in war? Why haven't we decimated the whole damn area? Our gas should be .99 cent a gallon, because we should have taken it as a spoil of war. And a warning to all others, if one hair on one Americans head is injured, you are next.

Ok, sorry about the rant, I feel better now.
    But it was a good rant! +1
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Why did you leave out the 2003 Operation Iraqi Freedom invasion of Iraq? It was a blunder as big as Vietnam. It certainly cost our nation far more lives and way, way more money than the war in Afghanistan has.

Both Korea and Desert Storm were responses to outright, naked aggression and invasions, so they are in a totally different category than Operation Iraqi Freedom. My goodness, the North Koreans violated the peace and overran and massacred our troops in the south. It would have been rather difficult to respond to that with hugs and kisses.

And heck, Desert Storm did not cost the US taxpayers a dime, and it cost only a handful of lives. It certainly was easily the most successful and one sided war in US history. Saudi Arabia paid us for virtually the entire cost of the deployment, as much of the reason for it was to protect them. So it did not impact the Federal budget in any significant way. It certainly did not put our government deeply into debt, like Operation Iraqi Freedom did.

So you are mixing up totally different scenarios here in your comment. I can agree with many folks that Vietnam and Operation Iraqi Freedom were big errors in judgement by our government. But for the rest of these? Well, the simple fact of the matter is that we were not the ones that started those wars.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Why did you leave out the 2003 Operation Iraqi Freedom invasion of Iraq? It was a blunder as big as Vietnam. It certainly cost our nation far more lives and way, way more money than the war in Afghanistan has.

Both Korea and Desert Storm were responses to outright, naked aggression and invasions, so they are in a totally different category than Operation Iraqi Freedom. My goodness, the North Koreans violated the peace and overran and massacred our troops in the south. It would have been rather difficult to respond to that with hugs and kisses.

And heck, Desert Storm did not cost the US taxpayers a dime, and it cost only a handful of lives. It certainly was easily the most successful and one sided war in US history. Saudi Arabia paid us for virtually the entire cost of the deployment, as much of the reason for it was to protect them. So it did not impact the Federal budget in any significant way. It certainly did not put our government deeply into debt, like Operation Iraqi Freedom did.

So you are mixing up totally different scenarios here in your comment. I can agree with many folks that Vietnam and Operation Iraqi Freedom were big errors in judgement by our government. But for the rest of these? Well, the simple fact of the matter is that we were not the ones that started those wars.

Which one did you participare in? The goal of my post was not to name every conflict of this country and critique it. The point is that this country does not have the dicipline or the resolve to do what must be done to win. In 2001, Sept 11th this country watched an attack on this country that some say was worse than Pearl Harbor. From the Republicans to the Democrats, East to West, this country wanted revenge, and everyone agreed. Within 1 year of the war, all of those who wanted war were now backing out. No guts, no intestinal fortitude or back bone. We as a country lost our resolve. Those who supported Bush were now crying foul. The images of our citizens dying and falling to their deaths were some how forgotten as images of interegation methods were shown on the TV, everynight.
    We forgot.
    Our country is in a slow steady decline, because we allow the weak to call the shots. No vision, no backbone, no resolve, all equal inaction, political correctness, and the inability to do what needs to be done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links