Pittsburgh Residents, I Need Your Help!!

Pittsburgh Residents, I Need Your Help!!

This is a discussion on Pittsburgh Residents, I Need Your Help!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm trying to make a case to Mrs. GB that we need to go to the 2011 NRA Convention in Pittsburgh. Help out a fellow ...

Thread: Pittsburgh Residents, I Need Your Help!!

VIP Member

Exclamation Pittsburgh Residents, I Need Your Help!!

I'm trying to make a case to Mrs. GB that we need to go to the 2011 NRA Convention in Pittsburgh.

Help out a fellow DC'er. Help me sell Pittsburgh to her. What kind of female friendly things are there to do there?

She's into all the typical female things, shopping, high end makeup etc.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Administrator
    Well, its the football off season, so Ben won't be there. She'll be safe.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Tell her you will take her to RuthChris Steak house! it's right on stanwicx street close to the consol energy center. I know that always works with my lady.... The southside has some nice places too. I don't have your problem My kids are throwing a holly fit cuz they wanna go and the wifey is on the fence I get to let the kids talk her into it so I don't use my brownie points. good luck!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    The Sheraton is co-located with a nice place called Station Square. You can eat or shop and learn a little about the Burgh there. Across the street from Station Square is the Mt. Washinton incline (there is almost nothing else like the incline in America anymore, it's right out of the 1870s). You ride the incline up the mountain. It's like a trolly car going up, up and up. Once on top there are numerous scenic overlooks to see the city. It is a must do after dark on a nice night. THERE ARE SOME VERY, VERY NICE PLACES TO EAT UP THERE. IIRC one of the better places has a complete glass wall to look out over the city while you dine.

The Mt. Washington gig was something I would do when I really wanted to impress a date. It never failed to impress.

ETA: Also if either of you like history Point State Park located at the confluence of the 3 rivers (right down town) has some nice stuff to see. The foundation of Fort Duquesne still remains from the French and Indian War. Built around the older Ft. D. is Fort Pitt which guarded the three rivers during the American Revolutionary War. While only the foundation of Ft. Duquesne remains, a good portion of the much larger Fort Pitt remains. There are gun emplacements, embankments and block houses still standing. It's mixed in with some modern park facilities and of course, the big Three Rivers fountain. I think Ft. Pitt is very cool.

Not to mention that if you come to the Burgh I'll buy you a cold Iron City beer. :)
    Last edited by atctimmy; February 25th, 2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: epic spelling fail!
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well, its the football off season, so Ben won't be there. She'll be safe.
    Nice, real nice. I kinda hated myself for a moment there for laughing at this.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

It's a whole lot cleaner than it was 40 years ago, with the steel mills gone...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    Oh, also the Penguins have a brand new arena a stones throw from the Convention Center and are led by Canadian Olympic hero Sidney Crosby. I know you Canucks can't resist the allure of well played hockey. :)

Like atctimmy said, Take her to the Incline: Official site of the Duquesne Incline

And the Strip Disctrict: Pittsburgh Hotels, Attractions & Vacation Packages : Pittsburgh PA CVB

And they have an exceptional zoo: Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Not to mention that if you come to the Burgh I'll buy you a cold Iron City beer. :)
    If we make it, I will take you up on that offer.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Sponsored Links