Saudi student on Visa to TX busted for plot to kill Dubya.

This is a discussion on Saudi student on Visa to TX busted for plot to kill Dubya. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saudi Citizen in Texas Charged in Suspected Bombing Plot - FoxNews.com Seriously I think these Tangos get their best ideas from Tom Clancy. Other than ...

Thread: Saudi student on Visa to TX busted for plot to kill Dubya.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Saudi student on Visa to TX busted for plot to kill Dubya.

Saudi Citizen in Texas Charged in Suspected Bombing Plot - FoxNews.com

Seriously I think these Tangos get their best ideas from Tom Clancy. Other than the weapon, this is right out of his "Dead or Alive." Expect them to hit the heartland soon. Churches, little leagues, etc. Also ports, malls.

Gecko45 where are you, buddy!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

What defines a "suspicious purchase"? I've thought about purchasing chemicals to mix my own tannerite before, is that going to get me on a blacklist?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The article states that he tried to purchase phenol, which is not something normally purchased by individuals and is an ingredient in explosives. I give credit to the company for asking questions and reporting him. Let's see, someone of middle eastern decent tries to purchase an ingredient of an explosive-sounds like profiling to me! Call the PC police...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    The article states that he tried to purchase phenol, which is not something normally purchased by individuals and is an ingredient in explosives. I give credit to the company for asking questions and reporting him. Let's see, someone of middle eastern decent tries to purchase an ingredient of an explosive-sounds like profiling to me! Call the PC police...
    No one made any accusations of the sort. You are the one accusing the company of racially profiling. If it isn't something normally purchased by an individual, it should send up a red flag no matter the ethnicity, gender, or age of the individual.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    No one made any accusations of the sort. You are the one accusing the company of racially profiling. If it isn't something normally purchased by an individual, it should send up a red flag no matter the ethnicity, gender, or age of the individual.
    Phenol has been readily available as LYSOL disinfectant (phenol), though the formulation has changed in recent years due to ultra caution about carcinogenic properties and the spontaneous formation of chlorinated phenols.

The guy was a chemical engineering student. The real question to my mind is why was someone with his background allowed a visa in the first place.

There are some subjects we should not be allowing foreign nationals to study here.

1) Most chemistry
    2) Some forms of mathematics
    3) molecular genetics, virology, and related topics
    4) nuclear chemistry, nuclear physics, and related
    5) manufacturing technology-- especially when its related to high tech materials

There are probably others I don't know about, so lets just say there is a long list of subject matter which we should not be teaching foreign nationals as a matter of preserving our security and economy.

We are our own enemy with our global lack of caution and willingness to train our future competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    There are probably others I don't know about, so lets just say there is a long list of subject matter which we should not be teaching foreign nationals as a matter of preserving our security and economy.

We are our own enemy with our global lack of caution and willingness to train our future competitors.
    I hope this post was in jest; otherwise I hope you realize that such a policy would've met we would've never made it to the moon, nor would we have figured out the atomic bomb first, among many other things. The US is #1 because we welcome the best minds from all over the world.

What you describe is a country that is a police state of the first order.

We also see here the vigilence of citizens is what led to this guy's arrest... not any sort of expensive intelligence equipment or sophisticated, strong-armed law. Just good ol' American vigilence. The system works.

Links