America Will be Avenged in Only 5 More Months!!!! -- Photos

This is a discussion on America Will be Avenged in Only 5 More Months!!!! -- Photos within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guys, we only have 5 more months to wait: The makers of this new Marvel movie have decided to arm Captain America with a Colt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America Will be Avenged in Only 5 More Months!!!! -- Photos

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

America Will be Avenged in Only 5 More Months!!!! -- Photos

Guys, we only have 5 more months to wait:

The makers of this new Marvel movie have decided to arm Captain America with a Colt 1911A1 !! Apparently all sorts of evil Nazi scum are going to fall victim to his 1911A1 pistol!!

Is the Colt 1911A1 an appropriate weapon to arm a Super Hero with??

The movie stars Chris Evans, best know for playing the "Human Torch" in the two Fantastic 4 movies.

Here is a photo taken during a break in the filming of the movie, showing a stunt double on Captain America's motorcycle.

Note the 1911A1 on his right hip, and the scabbard holding a Thomspon sub-machine gun on the right side of the motorcycle.

Looks like there may be some gratuitous Tommy Gun action in this flick too!

I can remember watching Captain America on the Animated Marvel TV series back in the 60's when I was a kid.

Does anyone else remember the Captain America Theme Song from the TV show??

We have only had to wait 45 years for a movie to be made.

The 1960's vintage Captain America carried no weapons, other than his shield, which was only used as a non-lethal weapon. I guess that since it was a kid's cartoon show, they had to dummy down Captain America regarding the violence level.

You may recognize the actor that plays the evil Nazi Super Villain: the Red Skull, in the movie:

Last edited by JD; February 25th, 2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: merged posts.

2. Remove Ads

This thread is full of AWESOME! Finally Captain America on the big screen, and THOR is coming out this summer also. It is a great time to be a Comic Book fanboy.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Sponsor
    I would have hoped that they would use a vintage Harley or Indian rather than a new model made to look old. This kind of detail is what makes or breaks potentially great retro style movie.
    Of course I am assuming that this movie is supposed to have taken place in WWII Nazi times and not some alternate reality present day setting.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    From what I understand Cap was a soldier during WWII before he became Captain America so he would have been familiar with the Colt 1911. In today's society I believe Cap could use all the help he can get. Lord knows he has alot to clean up. I haven't seen the previews yet but just this thread has brought back alot of good memories. Go get 'em Cap!!!

VIP Member
    He wasn't a Soldier first, he was too small and weak, but wanted to serve which is why he was offered the super soldier program, which turned him into Captain America. Really looking forward to this movie!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

I see he is using boots with the two buckles. I had a pair of these I wore to school during WWII.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Hmm... I'll have to look into this one. Hope it's good!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    I would have hoped that they would use a vintage Harley or Indian rather than a new model made to look old. This kind of detail is what makes or breaks potentially great retro style movie.
    Of course I am assuming that this movie is supposed to have taken place in WWII Nazi times and not some alternate reality present day setting.
    It's hard to say as I haven't followed it like I should have. My theory is a story set in the WW2 era and will end up with Cap frozen in ice and Nick Fury or one of his S.H.I.E.L.D. agents finding him at the very end of the movie. A bigger story and event is forming here. At the end of the first Iron Man movie Tony Stark is approached by Nick Fury, then Tony Stark approaches General Ross at the end of the Hulk movie, fast forward to the end of Iron Man 2 and a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent locates a mysterious looking hammer in the desert. I'm guessing Nick Fury will appear in the Thor movie also.

In case you can't smell what the Rock is cooking, The Avengers are assembling!
    NRA Life Member

Marvel has basically milked every other superhero they can into a movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they were building into a massive Avengers movie... which could be cool.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one! It's looking like this may be one of the few heroes unaffected by political correctness. Here's hoping it's a good one!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Great pick as BG. Though his parts in LOTR softened his image a bit.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Marvel has basically milked every other superhero they can into a movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they were building into a massive Avengers movie... which could be cool.
    Special effects have only recently caught up to what is needed for a great superhero movie. I still kick myself for missing Blade on the big screen, haven't missed many big super hero movies at the theater since and don't plan to. It's a great time for comic book heroes to come alive on the big screen, everyone needs a little of the inspiration they can bring. The story lines and possibilities are endless with comic books. 80 years of adventures, villians, side-kicks, and deaths they could make nothing but comic movies for several years.

I think that's the plan: Iron Man-Avenger, Hulk-Avenger, Captain America-Avenger, Thor-Avenger, hell Spider-Man was once an Avenger. There have most likely been Avengers from the Fantastic Four and the X-Men also. It will be epic especially if they can retain all of the star power they've got wrapped up in these films.
    NRA Life Member

I'm waiting for She-Hulk myself

VIP Member
    The Avengers has been in the pipeline for awhile now. As mentioned above, Iron Man and the Hulk ending with Fury is a build up to an Avengers movie.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I want this motorcycle, even better with a side car.

I can't wait for this movie, I hope it rocks and they don't' screw it up.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links