Reporter: LEOs are 'licensed to shoot to kill'; Chief hands out US Constitutions

This is a discussion on Reporter: LEOs are 'licensed to shoot to kill'; Chief hands out US Constitutions within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ron Kaye: Burbank police deal with change - Burbank Leader Unless you have gone through the grueling training and taken the oath to uphold the ...

Thread: Reporter: LEOs are 'licensed to shoot to kill'; Chief hands out US Constitutions

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Reporter: LEOs are 'licensed to shoot to kill'; Chief hands out US Constitutions

Ron Kaye: Burbank police deal with change - Burbank Leader

Unless you have gone through the grueling training and taken the oath to uphold the law, you can never know what it's like to carry a gun and be licensed to shoot to kill.
    Gimme a break!

Click the link. On a more positive note about a corrupt Burbank PD, the interim Chief from LA:

...handed out copies of the U.S. Constitution with newly designed police badges to emphasize respect for the rule of law, revised and expanded training programs bringing in a psychologist and motivational speakers to work with officers improved the personnel complaint process, institutionalized staff recognition and communication programs and enhanced tracking of crimes.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

what a load. I need hip waders.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    I think chest waders would be more appropriate. The “reporter” probably got a ticket that he thinks he did not deserve and now has a dislike for any and all LEO’s.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sombody has been reading too much Ian Fleming.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

LMAO.... some reporter wants to write novels. There was so much syrup on that, it became more and more sticky as it went.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

All I can say is, I've worked in TV for almost 17 years now and I have known many reporters. None of them are all that smart, though they all think they are very smart indeed.

Never believe anything a reporter tells you.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    especially if they say your conversation is off the record, all that means is they will say a top official at whatever agency you work for, has told us............
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

If this story was labeled as an editorial I would have no problem with it. Did the writer try to pass this off as a news story or an editorial? I do see where when a true reporter crosses over into editorials as this can and should lead readers to suspect what might be behind the real news he reports. Loss of credibility.

Michael

Reporters, car salesmen, politicians, tv preachers, lawyers, the list goes on. Who cares, who believes them anyway. They provide entertainment. Turn 'em on or off professions.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    Scuba gear anyone?

How absurd....
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Links