Apple Announced their New, Improved Apple iPad 2 Today -- Pics

This is a discussion on Apple Announced their New, Improved Apple iPad 2 Today -- Pics within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thinner, lighter, with a new type of cover and faster processor. Original iPad on the right, iPad 2 on the left, both with their covers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Thinner, lighter, with a new type of cover and faster processor.

Original iPad on the right, iPad 2 on the left, both with their covers off:

Another comparison with their covers on, with the new iPad 2 in the foreground on the left:

Despite many naysayers who said the product would not fly, the Apple iPad has been a huge hit for Apple:

Is an Apple iPad perhaps in your future??

Its getting smaller. Oh nice. Pretty soon they will get it as small as an iphone. ...And maybe give it cell phone capabilities.

Can the new iPad support Adobe Flash?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Senior Moderator
    No Flash yet. Apple and Adobe are still hissing and spitting over it.

The iPad 2 looks nice, but I'll be hanging on to my iPad for a while.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I love my iPad.

It is not just an oversized iPod touch / iPhone. The experience is completely different.

(posted using my iPad)
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

I have contemplated an iPad, but I wonder if not having flash player would make me hate it.

do any of you iPad owners find this unacceptably frustrating?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Looks great but I knew when the first one came out the second would come out before the batteries got warmed up on the original and I was right.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I have contemplated an iPad, but I wonder if not having flash player would make me hate it.

Every now and then I run across a website that only runs on flash but it's not very common.

There is a YouTube app for those videos and most websites can tell that you're on an iPad and use a different format.

The iPad is AWESOME for browsing forums.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Well, my typewriter still has the legs on it, I haven't made it to the "ball" yet!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

They look pretty cool. I've thought about getting an iPad, briefly. They look like a missing link between smart phones and laptops, but since I have a smart phone and a laptop... plus I heard they don't have the contrast or battery life to be on par with a Kindle in the book department... That's what has kept me from pulling the trigger on one. If I traveled a lot maybe, but I think my next electronic gadget will be a Kindle.

I have a $200 "apad" that runs android on generic software. 10.2" screen, 2 USB, SD card for expandable memory, bluetooth, wifi. FLASH! 1ghz procossor 32gb memory. was a no brainer over apple

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie313 View Post
    I have a $200 "apad" that runs android on generic software. 10.2" screen, 2 USB, SD card for expandable memory, bluetooth, wifi. FLASH! 1ghz procossor 32gb memory. was a no brainer over apple
    Can you elucidate? I would like to hear your thoughts as to why this is a no brainer. I have neither and am looking at the market. I appreciate your input.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post

If you want a tablet with Flash, take a look at the Blackberry Playbook. It's launching soon and will have full Flash 10.1

Ipads are neat toys. They don't quite have the functionality of a netbook and cost 2x as much. My wife was enthralled with them until we had a long visit at the apple store. Yes, it could email, search and show movies, but typing a document was a PAINFUL experience, and reading ebooks are still easier to read on a Kindle. We found a 12.1" netbook better fit the business needs, and still could use it as a toy because of the size and weight (3.5lbs). The Ipad technology is out standing, but in the end it is an overpriced toy.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

The Android tablets are so much better...

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...US-EN.overview

hell of a first post on a Firearm forum huh? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links