Coroners inquiry

Coroners inquiry

This is a discussion on Coroners inquiry within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What exactly does a coroners inquiry entail? I have been summoned today to a coroners inquiry. I arrived on the scene (as a civilian) of ...

Thread: Coroners inquiry

Coroners inquiry

What exactly does a coroners inquiry entail?

I have been summoned today to a coroners inquiry. I arrived on the scene (as a civilian) of a suicide. I have already filled out a statement and provided a sketch to CID (Military Police), but was informed that I would need to provide another (to civilian LEO) and it would need to be notarized (as I will not be able to attend the actual hearing).

What I have stated is already public record and has been printed in the newspaper for the public, so I am not releasing any info that isnt already public knowledge.

I am just wondering what this means
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Administrator
    I'm confused... You found the deceased and reported it to the coroner/police or are you some sort of investigator?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm confused... You found the deceased and reported it to the coroner/police or are you some sort of investigator?
    I arrived and found the deceased and reported it to the local Police. I am not an LEO, either civilian or military.

Thanks for the quick responses.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkrazy View Post
    I arrived and found the deceased and reported it to the local Police. I am not an LEO, either civilian or military.

Thanks for the quick responses.
    Oh, OK. Its rather quick and easy. The coroner just wants to know what happened. How you came upon the deceased, what you saw and observed. It basically what you already told the police, but this time the coroner will probably swear you in, and ask a few questions. Its nothing to sweat about. I've probably done a dozen as an LEO who found a body.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thank you SIXTO. Perhaps when this whole ordeal is FINALLY over I will share my experience so others may learn. This happened before Christmas and it just bothers me that I have to rehash the events after I get over them, over and over......

Administrator
    Yeah, I'd imagine it would be tougher if you have a connection with the victim.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links