Back to my sisters this week

This is a discussion on Back to my sisters this week within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am sure you all remember when i posted in october about my trip to my sisters house and the issues we had between the ...

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

I am sure you all remember when i posted in october about my trip to my sisters house and the issues we had between the two of us about carry. This time I am going to be more understanding and try to compromise with her position and mine. Mom and I are both going to be carrying when we leave tomorrow and we have both obtained lockboxes for our weapons. We plan on offering to lock our weapons away and explain to Steph why we do not feel comfortable with our weapons being in her safe where we have no access to them at all. We may even lock them in the vehicle if she asks us to. The point I will stand firm on is carry outside of the house. If we go anywhere I will carry and Mom will too. Inside her house, as so many of you pointed out is Steph's rules. Once we walk outside to go into a public place however, is where I will gently explain to Steph that where I go and where Mom goes outside of the house and the inlaws house, we will be armed. I think this is a fair compromise that allows us all to be happy and comfortable as well as allowing my sister to continue her control on what happens inside her home. The only real problems I had last time and have now are that she wants us to have NO control whatsoever over our weapons and have her be the only one with a key to access them. Any thoughts on the points I have outlined or any suggestions with ways to gently argue my points without basically telling her what I'm gonna do and not gonna do. So in recap. weapons locked away with me and mom being able to access them in case of emergency while in her home, and away from her home and the in laws home, being armed, but upon our return, placing the weapons back into the lock box and out of reach of everyone but us and her
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Your thoughts sound reasonable to me. If you allowed her to be the only one to have access to them what's to say she would not give them back to you? At that point you would have to call local police to get them back, another situation that sounds bad. I would lock them in your car before you enter her house, that way she has absolutely no say over them. When you go anywhere else you can re-arm. If she doesn't like it that is her problem. She can be the victim that you don't rescue with your gun. Sometimes it takes a person to hit a brick wall before they figure out they can't go straight through it, but have to go around.

I'm a bit more hard headed, I'd stay at an inn.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    haha, we got up here and she wanted the guns in the safe with no access, their currently locked in the HHR in cases inside the wheel well
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    I'm a bit more hard headed, I'd stay at an inn.
    I'd go with this option! Have sister meet Mom and I at a public place to visit.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Moderator
    Looks to me like that's about all that you can do.

Stand firm, maybe at some point in time she will realize how important it is too you and she will loosen up...

or, maybe not.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links