Who else is on the Mid shift tonight?

This is a discussion on Who else is on the Mid shift tonight? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As I sit here tapping the keys there is a big rain storm outside and heavy winds. No airplanes for me tonight. I'll just sit ...

Thread: Who else is on the Mid shift tonight?

VIP Member

Who else is on the Mid shift tonight?

As I sit here tapping the keys there is a big rain storm outside and heavy winds. No airplanes for me tonight. I'll just sit here and type away till my eyes get blurry and then I'll try to find something else to help me stay awake. 0615 seems so far away...
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

I feel ya. Going to be a long night. Crazy schedule this week. Mon 0545-1400, tue 1400-2200, wed 2300-0700.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    What do you do Steve?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a

VIP Member
    Well since I had nothing else to do I just watched a movie. The next three days with Russel Crowe and Elizabeth Banks. It was pretty good.

Most of the movie I spent pondering how pretty Ms. Banks is. Even when she is made up to not look good she is still a very pretty lady.
    Mark Twain:

I'm working a 7 PM to 7 AM shift. Control room operator in a power plant. But this is my LAST ONE!!! I retire at the end of the month, and only have a few day shifts left after this. Quiet night here so far, surfing the gun and motorcycle forums, and geting paid for it.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhawg View Post
    I'm working a 7 PM to 7 AM shift. Control room operator in a power plant. But this is my LAST ONE!!! I retire at the end of the month, and only have a few day shifts left after this. Quiet night here so far, surfing the gun and motorcycle forums, and geting paid for it.
    San Onofre?
    Mark Twain:

I've been working night shift for 5.5+ years now. You guys have access to computers though. I get to stand on a metal grating and sort out people's packages. Oh well UPS benefits and pay aren't all that bad :-D

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    San Onofre?
    No, an IPP - Independant Power Producer - Relatively small (35 megawatt) coal fired boiler/steam turbine plant near Bakersfield. But, due to good ol' liberal tree hugging California, we have just started burning "Biomass". Currently burning 25% rejects from the pistachio packing plant. I'm getting out at the right time. Operating this plant on fuels it was not designed to burn is going to be a major headache. The alternative is shutting the plant down, putting about 50 people out of work, which might happen anyway.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Work with at risk youth.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhawg View Post
    No, an IPP - Independant Power Producer - Relatively small (35 megawatt) coal fired boiler/steam turbine plant near Bakersfield. But, due to good ol' liberal tree hugging California, we have just started burning "Biomass". Currently burning 25% rejects from the pistachio packing plant. I'm getting out at the right time. Operating this plant on fuels it was not designed to burn is going to be a major headache. The alternative is shutting the plant down, putting about 50 people out of work, which might happen anyway.
    I lived in SoCal for a decade and I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Work with at risk youth.
    Good for you. Keep em in line for us. :)
    Mark Twain:

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I lived in SoCal for a decade and I'm glad I'm not there anymore.
    Once I retire, I will be looking for a new place to live. Central Arizona is looking pretty good so far. Can't wait to get out of here.

Actually, I have been looking for a couple years, but it's getting close to decision time
    Last edited by deadhawg; March 10th, 2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: info
    Suzanna Hupp

You're welcome to come, but keep it to yourself. We are being overrun with Californians!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Links