Great Video Showing What the Desert Warfare Happening in Libya is Like

This is a discussion on Great Video Showing What the Desert Warfare Happening in Libya is Like within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is some really fascinating video of the on-going fighting over the oil port of Brega in Libya. The Gaddafi forces just took it yesterday, ...

Thread: Great Video Showing What the Desert Warfare Happening in Libya is Like

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Here is some really fascinating video of the on-going fighting over the oil port of Brega in Libya. The Gaddafi forces just took it yesterday, and the rebels are now counter-attacking to try to get it back.

Just listen to the sound of all of the bullets whizzing by!

I wonder what chance these ordinary citizens really have of defeating Gaddafi??

That's certainly a beautiful view of the Mediterranean.

I'm not sure what chance they have, but they are definitely motivated. If the Arab League follows through on their no-fly zone stuff, they might be able to recruit more people.

Thanks for the vid.

That is a modern version of what our ousting of the Brits way back when.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Moderator
    Without leadership and a plan, they dont have a chance.

Motivation wont do them much good without it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Amazingly, the latest news this morning is that the guys in this attack were successful. There are reports today that the Rebels have now re-taken Brega, and have killed and captured many of Gaddafi's most elite troops.

Here is the report from BBC News:

BBC News - Libya: Rebels say Brega retaken from Gaddafi troops

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Without leadership and a plan, they dont have a chance.

Motivation wont do them much good without it.
    My thoughts as well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I agree totally. Civilians running a muck, no true leadership. Hell, they stormed into the desert with no water. They probably called the water/supply truck using a cell phone. I believe those rebels will all die for the cause they believe. No match for trained Army troops. Wait until the airplanes spot there position.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
    I agree totally. Civilians running a muck, no true leadership. Hell, they stormed into the desert with no water. They probably called the water/supply truck using a cell phone. I believe those rebels will all die for the cause they believe. No match for trained Army troops. Wait until the airplanes spot there position.
    According to the latest news report this morning from the BBC, these guys shown in this video fighting at Brega routed Gaddafi's men in this battle, and re-took Brega today.

These poor saps are fighting against their own countrymen. Perhaps even killing their own cousin or brother, with both sides shouting 'Allahu Akbar" as they launch weapons.

Bottom line: Quaddafi is a mean, rotten SOB and a true enemy of America (at least, he 'was'). I hope a no-fly zone is imposed..............
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

It's worse than that. Quaddafi's hired some African mercenaries. There are also (unsubstantiated) rumors that Algerian and Syrian troops may be fighting alongside Qaddafi's troops. They certainly have the motive, since their countries are, to varying degrees, ripe for a similar kind of revolution as well. At least with Syria, it's been a bit different, because Bashar al-Assad is quite skilled at turning various tribes and factions against each other, thus heading off the kind of cooperation and unity needed to mount an offensive against the government. Apparently he is also somewhat popular with the young in Syria. But still, there's plenty of discontent there similar to what is in many of the other middle eastern countries, especially among the poor.

I believe that in Iran, the Revolutionary Guard isn't even composed of Iranians. It's composed of various foreigners, including Pakistanis (who don't work for Pakistan). It's easier to command your forces to kill your own people when they're not your own people.

Talking about a bad day at the beach......

Clinton did meet with a representative of the Libyan National Council today. However, she only met with him for 45 minutes, and issued no statements at all after the meeting.

Seems to me that our government is going to punt on this issue.

Since new revelations have come out since the rebellion that Gaddafi did personally order the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, which killed 189 US citizens, this course of action is difficult to understand.

The United States foreign policy seems to be this: Question and doubt everything. And when in doubt, do nothing.

Our biggest Foreign Policy success that Clinton has crowed about is our agreement with Russia to dramatically reduce the number of our nuclear weapons. I honestly don't know if that is anything to be at all happy about, however.

Wow, who knew the Arabs knew anything about Chinese fire drills?
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Links