Sheriff 'loses' warrants issued against relative, Isle of Wight Co. VA

This is a discussion on Sheriff 'loses' warrants issued against relative, Isle of Wight Co. VA within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the same Sheriff who is under investigation for having a Felon participate in arrests. AND he's running for a seventh term. Judge dismisses ...

Thread: Sheriff 'loses' warrants issued against relative, Isle of Wight Co. VA

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Sheriff 'loses' warrants issued against relative, Isle of Wight Co. VA

This is the same Sheriff who is under investigation for having a Felon participate in arrests. AND he's running for a seventh term.

Judge dismisses unserved charges against Isle of Wight business owner: State police probe will include delay in serving arrest warrants - dailypress.com

Court records show that on May, 13, 2008, based on grand jury deliberations, the Isle of Wight Circuit Court Clerk's Office issued 11 arrest capiases, or warrants including the one for Warren that were forwarded to the Isle of Wight Sheriff's Office to be served. Although the other 10 were received and served, Sheriff Charlie Phelps told state police investigators on Dec. 14, 2010 that his office had "no record of receiving the capias (for Warren) and that they were unaware of its existence," according to court documents.

The court documents also state Warren is the brother-in-law of Capt. Paul Phelps, an investigator with the Isle of Wight Sheriff's Office and the sheriff's son. Charlie Phelps announced last week that he will seek a seventh term as sheriff.

Charlie Phelps said Friday no one in his office ever received paperwork related to the warrants.

"For the past nine months, either I or my office has been under investigation," Phelps said. "I'm fed up with the accusations and it (the investigation) is disrupting my operation. I'm tired of it."

Commonwealth's Attorney Wayne Farmer declined to comment on the matter, saying only that it is now part of the ongoing state police investigation of the Isle of Wight Sheriff's Office. State police currently are investigating the department's decision to let convicted felon Jonathan Burns serve as an auxiliary deputy, including allowing him to use a Taser stun gun and participate in arrests.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Probably part of lowering the standards, when they run out of low numbers needed to pass they will start accepting felons!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

People get the government they deserve.
    If they re-elect this guy, then who's to blame?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Video Gallery -- WTKR

My wife has a keen eye for deception and she's sure the Sheriff is being deceptive in this news interview.

I just this minute heard that there will be a contender in the election.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links