I Know This Is America But, I Hate People That Will Scalp A Tragedy

This is a discussion on I Know This Is America But, I Hate People That Will Scalp A Tragedy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; $2,000 for a bottle of 65 Potassium Iodide tablets. Potassium Iodide Tablets,65 mg quantity 200 - eBay (item 260753341399 end time Apr-15-11 11 42 PDT) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I Know This Is America But, I Hate People That Will Scalp A Tragedy

Administrator

Angry I Know This Is America But, I Hate People That Will Scalp A Tragedy

$2,000 for a bottle of 65 Potassium Iodide tablets.

Potassium Iodide Tablets,65 mg quantity 200 - eBay (item 260753341399 end time Apr-15-11 1142 PDT)

A neighbor of mine is heading over to Japan as part of what now amounts to a recovery group & I told him to take some Potassium Iodide over with him since it may or may not be supplied to him or readily available there.

My first thought was that he go to Ebay and get it there but, since he would (for sure) not get it in time anyway I gave him my older USP Grade pure crystalline Thyroid Guard (indefinite shelf life as long as kept in a dark dry & cool place) and told him to also grab some hefty Vitamin C & Calcium supplements to prevent his bone marrow from absorbing any Strontium 90.
    The Thyroid Guard that I had was stored away in my survival med pak.
    I sure do have some mighty odd (& probably totally unnecessary) items tucked away in there.
    But, Hey...ya never know what the future has in store for us.
    Better to be prepared than toe-tagged.
    He told me that he looked on Ebay anyway and saw that there are a select few scalpers are willing to ship to Japan.
    How wonderfully generous of them to offer up radiation protection to folks that may have already lost every worldly possession, their home, vehicle - up to including family members.
    They are the people that will be "willing" to sell you a bottle of water for $300.00 some future unfortunate day when you're completely dehydrated and one hour away from dying of thirst.

OK mild rant over. I just had to get it out of my system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Meanwhile I should add that even if you live on the West Coast you chances of catching any radioactive fallout from Japan are near bout nada.
    Any radioactivity in the lower atmosphere will not be headed our way on the sea winds and there would need to be huge explosion that carries radioactive debris all the way up into the jet stream in order for it to end up here - and that is nearly impossible with those type of reactors.

Now the latest that I heard was that the actual danger is more from the "spent" fuel stored on site rather than the actual stuff that was presently in use.
    There is a lot of misinformation & myth and "panic talk" floating around everywhere in the media these days.

I sure wouldn't plan any foreseeable future vacations to Japan though.

Any related thoughts on nuclear power - scalpers of human tragedy - Potassium Iodide - radioactivity - Tsunamis - the catastrophe in Japan etc.

Anything on your mind? Feel free to post any and all of your related thoughts and concerns here.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

I consider "scalpers of human tragedy" on a par with looters.
    shooterX, oneshot and babyhulk like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I consider "scalpers of human tragedy" on a par with looters.
    Cut from the same cloth.........

...and his product also has an expired date of 2006.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Yeah...I hear ya.

Just for the heckovit I checked one Ebay sellers web site and he originally was selling Thyroid Guard guard for $10.00 per bottle and listed it on Ebay recently for $20.00 per bottle.
    Hey...I have no problem with that.
    You have a product. Overnight it's in high, irrational demand & everybody wants it.
    Make a few extra bucks for yourself. - Law of "Supply & Demand" ~ That's cool. That's American Capitalism.

Don't take unfair advantage and monetarily murder people/victims though. That sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior Moderator
    I sent him a question.

"How do you sleep at night, you bloody ghoul?"

Should be interesting to see how he replies.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Administrator
    I'll sell him "sleeping pills" for only $3,000 a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    I sent him a question.

Should be interesting to see how he replies.

VIP Member
    Although they are scalping, there are also rather a large number of folks who will needlessly take that pill who should not be taking it, and so the scaplers might actually be doing a public service if their high prices keep people from doing something they shouldn't be doing anyway.

VIP Member
    I sent him a question.

Probably on his brand new bed and linen set he bought with the proceeds of his gouging!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Senior Moderator
    If you have an eBay account, do something nice for this guy and report his medication auctions. There's a report category for prescription meds, and one for expired meds.

This being America, the power of the free market and the 1st Amendment should handle this guy's maggotry....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.

Although they are scalping, there are also rather a large number of folks who will needlessly take that pill who should not be taking it, and so the scaplers might actually be doing a public service if their high prices keep people from doing something they shouldn't be doing anyway.
    While that may be true, I see little moral high ground in an accidental good deed that occurs while comitting an evil one.
    OD* likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    If you have an eBay account, do something nice for this guy and report his medication auctions. There's a report category for prescription meds, and one for expired meds.

This being America, the power of the free market and the 1st Amendment should handle this guy's maggotry....
    Somebody beat us to it, the listing has been removed.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Somebody beat us to it, the listing has been removed.
    LOL

That's a plate of awesome.

VIP Member
    LOL

That's a plate of awesome.
    Yeah, I'm a little bummed out. I was just logging in to Ebay to report this listing myself.

Administrator
    I agree that folks should not ever be taking Potassium Iodide unless there is real, actual, imminent danger of airborne radioactive contamination.
    Folks should be aware of possible serious side effects and should follow dosing instructions to the letter...ideally consulting with a physician first.
    IOSAT is the one that folks living in close proximity to TMI keep on hand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links