National Firearms Museum at NRA Headquarters

This is a discussion on National Firearms Museum at NRA Headquarters within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife has been wanting to see the museum for a while now. Her birthday was a few days ago and we both had today ...

Thread: National Firearms Museum at NRA Headquarters

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar

My wife has been wanting to see the museum for a while now. Her birthday was a few days ago and we both had today off so I took her to the museum. We pull in and park and she fell in love with the look of the NRA building (blue tinted glass and red "NRA" on the building). Inside the museum the look on her face was priceless, she was in total awe. The smile on her face made my day. She made the comment that the craftsmanship of the guns was amazing several times. She could hardly believe the beautiful art done in steel, wood, and ivory. The Peterson Collection was on display and worth the trip alone. She even had to get a few items from the NRA Store gift shop there. A couple months ago she told me she wanted to get her concealed carry permit, get more range time, and be more prepared, so I got her a left hand holster for the 2 1/2" S&W 66 she chose to take from me for her gun. She made a great choice in my opinion. The trip was the perfect end to her birthday celebration. If anyone is thinking of a vacation or just spending time in the Fairfax, Virginia area I can whole heartedly recommend a stop at the National Firearms Museum. I seriously doubt you will be disappointed
    Last edited by Black Knight; March 20th, 2011 at 01:36 PM.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The wife and I stopped in there several years ago. Very nice but we came close to closing (traveling through the area) so had to rush through. Did get the chance to shoot at the range.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links