Got the Go Ahead From the Wife

This is a discussion on Got the Go Ahead From the Wife within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; to get a Harley. She is tired of seeing how much gas the Super Duty guzzles. I am looking at a Heritage. Can't wait....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Got the Go Ahead From the Wife

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Got the Go Ahead From the Wife

to get a Harley. She is tired of seeing how much gas the Super Duty guzzles. I am looking at a Heritage.

Can't wait.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Have fun, wear your helmet and take the rides safety course.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Nothing like a Harley. I ride a 2002 Road King Police Bike, also ride with the Delaware Blue Knights.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Stop Stop Stop reminding me that mine said "NO" Congratulations anyway. (hope you get bugs in your teeth)
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Distinguished Member
    I have one FS. To bad you are not close.
    Attached Images

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Nothing like a Harley. I ride a 2002 Road King Police Bike, also ride with the Delaware Blue Knights.
    I've been toying with getting an older retired police bike (Road King) but haven't had the gumption to pull the trigger. I've been shopping them for a few years now, but I need another hobby/project like another hole in my head.

And BTW, it is a brillant plan to use gas prices as an in to buy your toy, but once you pay for the bike, insurance and maintain it, I'm pretty sure you could keep the Super Duty filled. But what the heck, your getting a sweet toy. Who cares what it really costs.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've had bikes for over 40 years, and just sold my last one...an ElectraGlide...the wife talked me into that. She said that I've cheated death for over four decades and it was time to buy a nice convertible that we could both enjoy...both drive...I gave in.
    Congrats on the new Harley...you're gonna' love it. I'll remind you about what she would often remind me about...those that don't wear helmets, are called organ donors...don't become one!
    oneshot likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I have one FS. To bad you are not close.
    What? If he's getting a Harley it isn't far from CT to VA! I purchased mine in Wheelersburg, OH and for my first ride, rode it 550 miles back to DE. That's what they are made for, long distance enjoyment!
    Hiram25
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

[QUOTE=SIXTO;1895251]I've been toying with getting an older retired police bike (Road King) but haven't had the gumption to pull the trigger. I've been shopping them for a few years now, but I need another hobby/project like another hole in my head.

Hey, SIXTO, do it, and find a Blue Knight Chapter and join. I rode a lot back in the 70's-80's, and enjoy it more now than then!
    Hiram25

Senior Moderator
    Timely topic.

Over the weekend, without any intention beforehand, my wife and I dropped by Seminole Harley on our 2006 Road King Police and rode home on this:
    Attached Images
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Have fun, wear your helmet and take the rides safety course.
    Absolutely - take the class, and get proper gear.

There's a really good riding site with a focus on safety - Motorcycle Safety Site - that I recommend highly. Lots and lots of good information there (It's kind of the DC of the motorcycling world).
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

A helmet and good leathers are a must. CT does not have a helmet law, to me that is just stupidity, but to each there own. I also haven't ridden regularly in about 20 years, so then safety/defensive riding course is also a must.

Thanks all.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Congrats.I wonder if you could put a rifle rack on a Harley?
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Well my baby showed up at the dealer today. Ufortunately due to my work schedule I won't be able to pick it up until next Friday. Think I will send the wife by while I am work tomorrow to snap amcoplemof pics with her phone so I at least have something to drool over.

- Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Since you have to wait, I would go ahead and tell them to put some pipes on it, along with a K&N air filter and power commander.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links