Can Anyone Identify the Pickup Shown in this VIDEO??

This is a discussion on Can Anyone Identify the Pickup Shown in this VIDEO?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Can anyone here identify the make and model of the crew cab pickup shown in this video? You will see it 1:30 into the video. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can Anyone Identify the Pickup Shown in this VIDEO??

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Can Anyone Identify the Pickup Shown in this VIDEO??

Can anyone here identify the make and model of the crew cab pickup shown in this video? You will see it 1:30 into the video.

The truck is in the city of Misurata, and being used by the rebels fighting Gaddafi there. The truck has simply been ripped apart by machine gun fire, yet it apparently is still running.

Whatever brand that is, that is one tough truck!!

Here is the video. It really shows the terrible damage that Gaddafi's army is inflicting on civilians homes in this city:

2. Remove Ads

Its a quad cab Toyota Tundra. They are nice trucks.

OK am I the only one to notice they show several different trucks, and non of them actually running.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

looks like a toyota hilux. If it is I'm willing to bet it still runs. If you want to see the abuse those suckers take watch top gear. they literally beat the crap out of one of the disel versions. last thing they did before they gave up trying to kill it was put it atop a 30 something story building that was being demolished. Drove a few gasser versions to the north pole as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    looks like a toyota hilux. If it is I'm willing to bet it still runs. If you want to see the abuse those suckers take watch top gear. they literally beat the crap out of one of the disel versions. last thing they did before they gave up trying to kill it was put it atop a 30 something story building that was being demolished. Drove a few gasser versions to the north pole as well.
    Yeah, I think you are right. It does look more like a hilux than a tundra.

Its a Hilux, it says Hilux on the side. I have a diesel toyota Hilux engine in my 4 runner. Did it after watching Top Gear and saw how indestructible a Toyota Hilux is!!! They are awesome!!! To bad our country won't let them import them here, I get 40 to 45 mpg with mine

The Hilux is not sold in the US and are considerably more beefy built than our Tacomas.

Toyota Hilux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

That truck deserves a set of those “truck nuts” red necks are so find of.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    The Hilux is not sold in the US and are considerably more beefy built than our Tacomas.

Toyota Hilux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I imported a Hilux Halfcab from Japan and put it in my 4 Runner, spent a year doing the conversion (cause I get side tracked). Best diesel engine next to my '82 300d Benz. Just think how much better the world would be if we all switched over to diesel!!!
    Kerby likes this.

Toyota Hilux.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    That truck deserves a set of those “truck nuts” red necks are so find of.

If you're going to toss around insults, "redneck" is one word. Yes, I am one and no, I don't have fake testicles on my truck.

Back to topic--Nice truck. The problem here is that between the EPA and the fact that few folks who have trucks actually use them as such, our trucks really aren't that tough. Case in point--the Chevy Colorado. I could put a bed on a Dodge Neon and have a better truck than the Colorado.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Not that I have one but... What is wrong with a Colorado? They are cheap and do what they are supposed to do. They aren't "work" trucks, and they'll only tow about 4,000 lbs. They are just a midsize truck that can go off-road, pull some small things, and carry stuff in its smallish bed. The 4 cylinder is kind of a joke, but the 5 cylinder is not a bad engine. For anyone wanting more, they definitely need to step it up to a Silverado.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Not that I have one but... What is wrong with a Colorado? They are cheap and do what they are supposed to do. They aren't "work" trucks, and they'll only tow about 4,000 lbs. They are just a midsize truck that can go off-road, pull some small things, and carry stuff in its smallish bed. The 4 cylinder is kind of a joke, but the 5 cylinder is not a bad engine. For anyone wanting more, they definitely need to step it up to a Silverado.
    I am a GM guy and currently own 2 Chevys but in my opinion the Colorado/Canyon are ugly little things. I miss the s-10s even if they were too small for my tastes the looked leaps and bounds better than what replaced them. The pictures of the next up and coming model of colorado/canyon or maybe what's replacing them doesn't look all that promising either. The "teaser" pic I've seen looks like a malabu front end with a bed on it.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Well, according to the tailgate it's a Hilux
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    What is wrong with a Colorado? They are cheap and do what they are supposed to do. They aren't "work" trucks, and they'll only tow about 4,000 lbs. They are just a midsize truck that can go off-road, pull some small things, and carry stuff in its smallish bed. The 4 cylinder is kind of a joke, but the 5 cylinder is not a bad engine. For anyone wanting more, they definitely need to step it up to a Silverado.
    If you stay on the pavement, drive it like a car, and go to Home Depot every now and then, it's probably perfect. However, I will disagree about being designed for off-road. One instance of poor design is putting the vent for the fuel tank in the rear wheel well. If you've ever been off-road, you know that wheel wells get caked with mud, etc. Caking the air intake results in a "Check Engine" light. This is definitely NOT the place to put an air intake. You'd think we'd have engineers that were smarter than that. My family farms, and I'm talking about driving down dirt roads and through pastures doing light chores, not hardcore off-roading. The 3/4 tons do the heavy work, like trailer pulling and hay hauling.

So far, we have no issues with the 5-banger, but I'll agree with Chevyguy85 that the Colorado isn't half the truck the S-10 is. We've had (I think) six S-10s, and we didn't have as many problems with any them.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links