1950 Cult Classic "GUN CRAZY" on Turner Classic Movies Tonight 6:30pm Eastern

This is a discussion on 1950 Cult Classic "GUN CRAZY" on Turner Classic Movies Tonight 6:30pm Eastern within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Cult Classic "GUN CRAZY" is on Turner Classic movies today at 6:30pm Eastern, 5:30pm Central. This 1950 B movie tells the story of a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Barbary
  • 1 Post By LanceORYGUN

Thread: 1950 Cult Classic "GUN CRAZY" on Turner Classic Movies Tonight 6:30pm Eastern

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

1950 Cult Classic "GUN CRAZY" on Turner Classic Movies Tonight 6:30pm Eastern

The Cult Classic "GUN CRAZY" is on Turner Classic movies today at 6:30pm Eastern, 5:30pm Central.

This 1950 B movie tells the story of a handsome young couple, both obsessed with a love of guns, who allow their gun obsession to drive them insane, transforming them into brutal murderers and robbers, as they wreck mayhem cross-country.

Don't miss all the exciting action of guns gone wild! Stars Peggy Cummins as Laurie Starr ( the lethal blonde ).

2. Remove Ads

Many folks don't realize that this movie was remade in 1992, with Drew Barrymore taking the lead role as the lethal blonde.

As in the original, guns were blamed for corrupting the couple:

If anybody here feels that their guns are corrupting them, I would be willing to sacrifice myself and take those horrible guns off your hands. Lol.
    Bkrazy likes this.

VIP Member
    My gun is corrupting me to knock off work early and go to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    If anybody here feels that their guns are corrupting them, I would be willing to sacrifice myself and take those horrible guns off your hands. Lol.
    I've always wanted to produce a movie about potheads with guns. I would call it:

REEFER CRAZY GUN MADNESS
    BigFish likes this.

Watchin it now! Thanks for those movie posters!!
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

The plot of the remake was a lot different. In it, Drew Barrymore was much younger ( a teen in high school ) and a beginner with guns. Her jail bait loving boyfriend ( an ex-con out on parole ) teaches her how to shoot a 6" S&W 686, which she then later uses to commit great mayhem with.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Not so much guns, but Drew can make me crazy!

Anyway, what was the name of that movie that followed a revolver through a series of owners, all who had bad things happen with it? Not a horror movie, more like a fictional documentary. Gun ended up being in a destroy pile, but in the movie climax, it came out intact.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Are you thinking of the 1974 ABC TV Movie, "The Gun" ? I believe that you are describing it.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I think that's it but I can't find much info on it other than torrent sites (no thanks). That had to be the most anti-gun movie ever made. Yet somehow it did not scar my impressionable mind.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I think that movie may have been called "Year of the Gun," but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WvHiker View Post
    I think that movie may have been called "Year of the Gun," but I'm not sure.
    No, that is not correct. The movie "The Year of the Gun" was a political thriller set in Italy involving terrorism by Communists in the Red Army Brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I think that's it but I can't find much info on it other than torrent sites (no thanks). That had to be the most anti-gun movie ever made. Yet somehow it did not scar my impressionable mind.
    Well, 1974 was a long time before the Internet even existed. It was a made for TV mini-series, and it flopped horribly. Received terrible ratings. ABC ended up airing the last episodes at 10pm, because they were doing so badly, if memory serves me. It was never even released on VHS or DVD, to my knowledge.

VIP Member
    Ahhh 1974 does remind me of fun n' games. I had graduated from the Sherriff’s Academy and I was assigned to the north county of San Diego, chasing BG's and fast women. No, there was no Internet but frankly, life was more fun without it.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The Gun (TV 1974) - IMDb
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Links