15 down, 10 to go.

15 down, 10 to go.

This is a discussion on 15 down, 10 to go. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Five long months at 3 lbs per month. Ten to go. Nice to see my feet again. Nice to actually fit in size 36 pants....

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By aznav
  • 2 Post By Hiram25

Thread: 15 down, 10 to go.

Distinguished Member

15 down, 10 to go.

Five long months at 3 lbs per month. Ten to go. Nice to see my feet again. Nice to actually fit in size 36 pants.
    MadlyAlive and Kerby like this.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Great job! Keep it up.
    I have been on my own personal fitness crusade as well. Its been tough lately as I havent been working (on leave). It will be nice to head back to work, although I wont be with my wife for a couple months, I will get my diet back in check. She cooks too good!
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Congrats! However, I wish that you guys would stop losing all of this weight! Being the great detective that I am, I keep finding it!
    aznav and oneshot like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Congrats! I've been trying to lose some also, down about 30 pounds in a year, still want to lose 5 more but for some reason the last 5 is impossible for me .
    Keep it up.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Congrats, my other half is also trying to lose weight...and give it to me. She's trying to lose 30 before our wedding...in sept. So we joined a gym, and got a trainer.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Five long months at 3 lbs per month. Ten to go. Nice to see my feet again. Nice to actually fit in size 36 pants.
    That's pretty respectable weight loss. A pound a week is considered good and healthy. Good job.

VIP Member
    Last year I went from 205 to 182, or so over the course of several months for NO APPARENT REASON.
    Went to the docs, ran a boatload of tests, as I was begining to sweat it a mite, as I wasn't TRYING to lose the weight.

Doc said good for me, as it was nothing serious.
    Long story short, it was probably due to stressing,

Wish I could have bottled whatever it was that happened to me, and sell it, I'd be filthy rich by now.
    Still weigh around 188.

Who could figure?????????
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Congrats, and keep it up! Lower weight and lower BMI generally a longer better life!

Cool. I need to get back on track

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Been at it sice the first of the year, diet and going to the gym.Down two pants sizes, about 20. The last 15 are going to be tought, seem to have leveled off.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks, guys, and kudos to y'all as well. It seems that the last five or ten are the most stubborn. "The stress diet". Works every time. When I was dating my wife her roommate had broken up with a guy. Dropped three dress sizes. She should break up more often. LOL!
    Hiram - that was a gooder.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Seems like many of us have been trying to loose weight. I have lost about 8 lbs in the last three weeks... i went from vegging out on couch to using my exercise bike 30 minutes a day, and hitting my Smith machine that has been collecting dust for years. It is good to be working in the proper direction, and have about 18 pounds more to go... 40 more if i listen to my doctor. I think a few extra pounds is actually a good thing.. helps you in the lean times. Congrats on your weight loss... are you afraid you will slowly gain them back over time? thats what i am worried about. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    My wife has tried just about every diet, and is currently on the same one Rush Limbaugh lost all that weight on - she's lost 30 lbs so far. I asked her which one would be the best for me and she told me the Weight Watchers Points. So I started it and I've lost 14 lbs in 9 weeks. Figure I've got about another 14 lbs to go, but so far so good.

If you have a smartphone (iPhone, Android, Blackberry), and you're wanting to lose some pounds, try the "Myfitnesspal" app. It's very cool - you input your current parameters and target weight, and then use the app to record your eating and exercise activities.

It gives you a daily calorie target and as you input your meals and snacks, it counts down. Stay within your daily allowance, you'll lose a pound a week. Go for a jog or something, you can add to your allowance and earn calories.

What we know about weight loss is that exercise is good for you, but it isn't all that great for losing weight. It's really about eating.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Links