shark tanks

shark tanks

This is a discussion on shark tanks within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; heres something i always thought was a bad idea, shark petting tanks. lets have our children stick their hands into a tank filled with sharks ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chiefjason
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: shark tanks

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

shark tanks

heres something i always thought was a bad idea, shark petting tanks. lets have our children stick their hands into a tank filled with sharks and let em grab one. Yeah, thats a great idea till some kid cuts his hand on something and sticks it in the tank, suddenly the sharks have a feeding frenzy and our kids hands are on the menu, real smart move america. Am i the only one who thinks that while this is cool to pet a shark, its also not really smart?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Was told in survival school you could push away an attacking shark with your hand, seems to only work twice though?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Well, if they are afraid to pet the "BIG" sharks, they have a smaller pirana tank coming soon!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Not all sharks are that aggressive. Their wild, their animals, they may bite. To my knowledge the nurse sharks at the local aquarium have not attacked anyone. They may splash you occasionally. Relax, and lay off the Jaws marathon weekend.
    oneshot likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

you caught me, blast!
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Out here we are gearing up for breeding season at one of the biggest Hammerhead breeding grounds in the world, right off one of the beaches on base.

It makes for good fishing, but I think I am going to lay of the snorkeling over on that side for a little while.

I am sure with the modern legal liabilities, the aquarium has some way to prevent an arm from going missing, and thus preventing a hefty lawsuit.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

There fer a minute I thought we had developed an underwater M1 Abrams
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That ranks right up their with those people who kiss cobras on top of the head.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post
    That ranks right up their with those people who kiss cobras on top of the head.

^^^^^^^Those guys are way too much into smoking hop/ganja/herb, whatever you wantto call it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

SHARK covers a LARGE number of species, some of which are less dangerous than Flipper, the largest shark in the world today is only dangerous if it accidently bumps into you.

not entirely sure i would wanna be in a tank with Flipper, well maybe if it was actually Flipper and not just a random dolphin. Flipper, coolest dolphin ever

Links