And then there were 8

And then there were 8

This is a discussion on And then there were 8 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like Kentucky is goin to the elite 8 this year. The exciting part is that they are going up against NC. Two of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: And then there were 8

And then there were 8

Looks like Kentucky is goin to the elite 8 this year. The exciting part is that they are going up against NC. Two of the countrys most winning teams in history head to head.

The sad part is that tomorrow all the churches in Ky will be at their fullest thanking God for a win and praying for an 8th national title. What we have around here is fast woman, pretty horses, bourbon , guns, and basketball.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Looks like Kentucky is goin to the elite 8 this year. The exciting part is that they are going up against NC. Two of the countrys most winning teams in history head to head.

The sad part is that tomorrow all the churches in Ky will be at their fullest thanking God for a win and praying for an 8th national title. What we have around here is fast woman, pretty horses, bourbon , guns, and basketball.
    I'd say you have many of the important bases covered! Good luck!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Kansas already there...........with the upsets this weekend and last, the final four could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Kansas already there...........with the upsets this weekend and last, the final four could be interesting.
    Kansas will be tough, they are deep and talented. NC will be tough, and they are the favored to win, I think. But of course so was Ohio State.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

You just had to bring it up, didn't you G-man, after that "performance" my guys showed yesterday against the Wildcats.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Real glad to see Ohio knocked out (Thank you, KY!), as well as Duke (why does everyone hate on Duke?), and 8 Seed Butler took out 2 seed Florida. Of course, I'd love to see the Hawks stomp on Roy W a wee bit. Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    You just had to bring it up, didn't you G-man, after that "performance" my guys showed yesterday against the Wildcats.
    LOL! I knew you would show up for this one! My brother in law hasnt spoken to me all day, he lives across the river in Ironton. Big Ohio St fan.

Real glad to see Ohio knocked out (Thank you, KY!), as well as Duke (why does everyone hate on Duke?), and 8 Seed Butler took out 2 seed Florida. Of course, I'd love to see the Hawks stomp on Roy W a wee bit. Justice.
    Kentucky fans will always hate Duke because of the last minute shot made by Christian Latner that gave them the win over us in a National championship game. It was very contraversial because just before the shot, he kicked one of our players in the head and was not called for it. Kentucky fans are rabid, dont forget, and can still smell the gunpowder from battles long ago. They dont call us the Big Blue Nation for nothing. I am not that bad, but I have witnessed it all my life.

LOL! I knew you would show up for this one! My brother in law hasnt spoken to me all day, he lives across the river in Ironton. Big Ohio St fan.
    I have a lady friend back home who is a UK fan, I've been taking crap for the last week about this game, and it has been even worse today. I am also one of the few in Hawaii with an Ohio State sticker on my vehicle, so I have been hearing about it from that too.

It was a rather painful game to watch in my opinion, I did not enjoy it. But it seemed like both teams had a hard time finding their groove (and I don't think my Buckeyes ever really found it.)
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I have a lady friend back home who is a UK fan, I've been taking crap for the last week about this game, and it has been even worse today. I am also one of the few in Hawaii with an Ohio State sticker on my vehicle, so I have been hearing about it from that too.

It was a rather painful game to watch in my opinion, I did not enjoy it. But it seemed like both teams had a hard time finding their groove (and I don't think my Buckeyes ever really found it.)
    I dont watch the games because they make me too anxious. I am suprised Ky has made a second 8 apperance, their regular season away game losses were crazy.

(why does everyone hate on Duke?)
    Well, as a Carolina fan I simply don't have enough space to get into this. I'm a fan of the Tarheels and anyone who plays Duke! It's pretty crazy around here. Facebook has been very quite from the Dookies I'm friends with. And to be perfectly honest, I'm a bit surprised to see Carolina pull it together as well as they have. But it does not matter what you've already done, it's how well you play right not. And Carolina is playing better than they have all year.

We stayed in the tournament one round longer than Duke, so all is right with the world. Everything else is just gravy.

And to get to a bit of the controversy, I think some of it stems from Carolina being a public university and Duke being private. The rivalry keeps things exciting.

And everyone knows that you can't get to Heaven in a dark blue canoe because God's favorite color is Carolina Blue.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    and Butler is in the final four, GO BULLDOGS!!!
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    What we have around here is fast woman, pretty horses, bourbon , guns, and basketball.
    Pretty much covers all the food groups now doesn't it?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Kansas will be tough, they are deep and talented. NC will be tough, and they are the favored to win, I think. But of course so was Ohio State.
    ...and Florida!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Kentucky fans will always hate Duke because of the last minute shot made by Christian Latner that gave them the win over us in a National championship game. It was very contraversial because just before the shot, he kicked one of our players in the head and was not called for it. Kentucky fans are rabid, dont forget, and can still smell the gunpowder from battles long ago. They dont call us the Big Blue Nation for nothing. I am not that bad, but I have witnessed it all my life.
    That game was a Regional Final, to go to the Final Four.

CL stepped/stomped on that guys chest, he didn't kick him in the head (and a foul was called). That said, it was pretty poor sportsmanship. I think that was only a manifestation of CL's inner fire. He was a much tougher player than most folks remember.

IIRC CL went 12 for 12 from the field and was also 100% from the line in that game. He put on quite a show in that game before the buzzer beater.

I think that game was the best game I have ever seen.

Glockman do you live in Ashland? Or are you in Greenup County? Have you ever fished Greenbo?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links