Decorah Eagle Cam

This is a discussion on Decorah Eagle Cam within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thought I would share a really cool link with you guys. This is a live camera on an eagle nest in my area. It's full ...

Thread: Decorah Eagle Cam

Decorah Eagle Cam

Thought I would share a really cool link with you guys. This is a live camera on an eagle nest in my area. It's full color video with sound. Occasionally the people running the camera will be monitoring and they pan and zoom the view. There are a nesting pair of eagles with 3 eggs, the eggs are due to hatch today. You can see a rabbit in the side of the nest they have ready to go, maybe getting ready to feed the 'kids'.

It's a really cool website, just click the link and then "Decorah Eagle Cam" on the left side.

Nest Cams

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Too cool, we get a bunch of them down around here and every now and then I get a nice big eagle flying over the car, those are some biiiiiig birds. Last spring we had a flock? of about two dozen eagles hanging out in a flooded field. We stopped and just watched them for about half an hour...

If you're up near Decorah, there's a new USPSA/IDPA league forming up that way, if you're interested I'll send you the details I came across.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My mother-in-law has been watching the site for some time. She has it on her computer pretty much every waking minute and keeps us all up to date via facebook. My father in law just says "Ma's watchin big bird"
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Very Cool,the amount of different things that technology allows us to do now that wasn't possible in the past
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Neat! We saw one while fishing in the Bohemia River in MD last week, just floating and keeping a watch for something to eat.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

An eaglet has hatched! I seed it wid my own eyes ! On the camera... Cool! Now one of the eagles is roosting on it again... but I know one hatched!
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

VIP Member
    Something evil happened , I click on your bar and get this, This website is currently unavailable. ,

Oh well maybe later.

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
    ~ Henny Youngman
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Once they all hatch they will be busy keeping them fed then it'll be a little more interesting,there were over 103,000 people watching a couple minutes ago
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    111878 right now.

COOL!!!!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

That is nifty to say the least. Thanks for the post.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Links