Calif. city to eliminate all police use of force

This is a discussion on Calif. city to eliminate all police use of force within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; April 01, 2011 Calif. city to eliminate all police use of force By PoliceOne Staff In response to a special interest group’s claim of police ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Calif. city to eliminate all police use of force

April 01, 2011

By PoliceOne Staff

In response to a special interest group’s claim of police officers using excessive force in arrest situations, one city in California has developed a new strategy to help eliminate the need for officers to use force at all. One members of the group “Defy and Resist” told PoliceOne that officers should never use force simply because a person is exercising their “rights.”

When asked to explain which right he was referring to, that member became suddenly confused. The man then became agitated and could only shout, “I know my rights” over and over again until he lost consciousness. Eventually another member suggested that officers should respect their rights to physically resist any attempts to take them into custody as an expression of free speech.

Mayor Bud Toker of Greenleaf (Calif.) proudly announced his new plan at a news conference today stating, “Admittedly neither the leaders of ‘Defy and Resist’ nor I am an expert in police practices or the legal system, but since I am the boss I can make the rules.” Toker stated also that being arrested is an inconvenience and that he feels there should be a more customer friendly alternative.

Under the new rules, if an officer meets “any resistance to arrest by (1) physical action, (2) stated intent to physically resist, or (3) general feelings of unhappiness regarding the arrest” the officer will immediately disengage and tell the subject that he/she will not be arrested today. The officer will then schedule a more convenient time for the arrest with the subject.

Toker is confident that his new plan will not only ingratiate himself with the special interest group but will also significantly lower the frequency of complaints about use of force. Proudly pointing to his risk management approach, Toker proclaimed, “How can there be a complaint about force if the officers are not allowed to use force?”

Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

VIP Member
    Can't say he won't beat them at their own game.

What in Gods name do these stupid social engineers think has gotten us to this point of lawlessness?

For the past 45 years parents not being able to properly reprimand and spank their kids, because some nincompoop said it will bruise their ego and give them a complex, and they will most likely become a deranged outcast from society.
    The police have been hamstrung as well, and the streets are runnung rampant with thugs and scumbags who prey on the public, with little or no fear or repercussion or jail time.
    When the police NEED to kick some BOOTY, they have to, because the knuckledraggers seldom go quietly.
    When they don't, they shouldn't.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

On behalf of my state, I apologize to the sane world outside our border. This is so far beyond stupidity I can find no words...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Well, my Dad used to bruise my ego regularly, and I grew up all right!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    So only people who are happy to be arrested should be arrested? That should save the prison system money.That was an interesting read.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

April fools???
    oakchas, drkangl6 and oneshot like this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    April fools???
    Bud Toker???
    msgt/ret and drkangl6 like this.

Sponsor
    The sad thing here is the fact that every single one of us who read this had to stop and think for a minute because it ain't all that far fetched when talking about the PR of Kali.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I"m waiting for the "April's Fools", or that it is the one site that makes up things as a satirical slam on things.

There's no link provided to verify the legitimacy of the article.
    oneshot likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Under the new rules, if an officer meets “any resistance to arrest by (1) physical action, (2) stated intent to physically resist, or (3) general feelings of unhappiness regarding the arrest” the officer will immediately disengage and tell the subject that he/she will not be arrested today. The officer will then schedule a more convenient time for the arrest with the subject.
    Either this is an April Fool's joke, or it's a sad commentary on the slippery slope.

If true, there is only one way that criminals are going to read this: there's now a required lull in physicality by LEO's that can be taken advantage of. Once a couple of cops have been shoved 6ft under at the hands of criminals, I hope that these "leaders" will change their tune.

I despair the species. At least, the USA's particular rendition of it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Is it really so far fetched? This is a real policy. It lasted about a week.

The zero-chase policy is by order of Sallie Peake, the mayor of Wellford, a town of about 2,000 in northwest South Carolina. Apparently, several officers there have suffered minor injuries during chases in recent years, including two who were injured and wrecked their vehicles during chases in July, and three who have been injured during foot chases.

Police in South Carolina Town Not Allowed to Chase Suspects - Lowering the Bar

Bud Toker from Greenleaf! hehe, hehe, dude
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    sad thing is i could actually see something like this coming from california
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

This sounds like a great place to start a criminal life.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Is it really so far fetched? This is a real policy. It lasted about a week.

The zero-chase policy is by order of Sallie Peake, the mayor of Wellford, a town of about 2,000 in northwest South Carolina. Apparently, several officers there have suffered minor injuries during chases in recent years, including two who were injured and wrecked their vehicles during chases in July, and three who have been injured during foot chases.

Police in South Carolina Town Not Allowed to Chase Suspects - Lowering the Bar

Bud Toker from Greenleaf! hehe, hehe, dude

This , taken from the article;

Asked what officers should do if they saw someone committing a crime, but could not reach that person without moving, Mayor Peake seemed to try to distinguish between the crime itself and a chase. "That's what I said, no chases, didn't I?" she told a reporter. "I didn't say nothing about a crime." "Well, that's what a chase is," the reporter argued, apparently suggesting that a criminal might actually try to flee from police. She then accused him of twisting her words, and when he asked another question, began to clap her hands and sarcastically congratulate him on "getting a story."

She must have served in some capacity, in local government in Wayne Co. Mi.

This is what they do, primarily in Deroit.
    Ask a legitimate question, they can't come up with a reasonable answer to substantiate their statement, and they do something outrageous, to try to make You, look like your nuts for even asking the question.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    This sounds like a great place to start a criminal life.
    Yes & I bet crime will sky rocket JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links