Are ther any RVers on Defensive Carry?

This is a discussion on Are ther any RVers on Defensive Carry? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just thought I would let my DC family know that my wife and I have just begun firming up our 1-4yr plan to sell/donate ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Are ther any RVers on Defensive Carry?

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar

Post Are ther any RVers on Defensive Carry?

I just thought I would let my DC family know that my wife and I have just begun firming up our 1-4yr plan to sell/donate all our "non-essential" possessions and hit the road with our two children as a full-time family.

I was just wondering if there are any other RVers or Rver wannabes on this forum?

Please speak up and give a shout out!

2. Remove Ads

I'm an RV wannabe.

What kind of RV are you gonna roll out with?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Going to be a temporary RVer, next week my roommate and I are renting a class C RV for a trip to Kansas.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

We had planned on it, but with the price of gas, we may just stay in a motel?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I hope to be on the road in another year or so when the wife retires. Will be in a 5er and truck.
    There is nothing like staying in your own bed at night, not thinking of what is living in the underside of the mattress. (Think bed bugs.)
    drkangl6 and Rock and Glock like this.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Remember what Bill Engvall had to say about RV's. " I used to think RV stood for Recreational vehicle. I found out it actually stood for Ruined Vacation"

Not a full time RV'er, but my wife and I have a small camper we love using!
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    im more of a pull behind pop up trailer kind of man, more convienent, better on gas, and easier to keep heated in winter
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

How wonderful, stay safe and enjoy every moment. We rv'd often (fifth wh and truck) when kids were small; now highschoolers and busy to the max. Some day hope to enjoy wandering again. Always hoped we did not fall into a situation that we needed defense; met many great persons the areas we traveled and to do it again I would definitely carry the defense and I am sure husband would too. Sure do miss it.
    Last edited by 640girl; April 2nd, 2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: sp

Howdy!

We are fulltime RV'ers, Escapees Class of 2007. Over four years now and still enjoying every day of it.

"Happy Trails"
    Chiefneon

Got a 10 foot slide-in truck camper really love the freedom, never a worry about finding a place to stay, when on the road (unless there is a local ordnance against it) you can over-night at any Walmart. We also love roaming the public lands out west (Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas) spend the night anywhere you find a flat spot, below is in the Bighorn mountains in NE Wyoming @ 9,000 feet, there is no other type of RV that could get there.

When in the public lands I always travel "heavy"; 38 snubby, 5" double stack .45, 10mm, Rem 1100 riot-gun, AR-15 shortie, Rem 700 .22-250 and sometimes the M1-A.

I am prepping the camper now to go to the spring Knob Creek machine-gun shoot, will roll in Thursday afternoon and spend Fri-Sat-Sun with the biggest gun nuts in the country
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Good Deal F.

If I didn't have two growing younguns, that's the way I'd do it!

When the wife & I were dating (1986) we did a trek out West. One night after driving across northern Wyoming on 14, I got tired and it got foggy so I pulled over at a "pullout".

When I woke up, I saw one of the most beautiful sunrises I've ever seen. (Since that morning, I've been wanting to full-time it.)

There is one question I like to ask; and that's about the CC permits you have and what I may need to know about "firearm" carry & possession oo/in the public lands, parks, etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefneon View Post
    Howdy!

We are fulltime RV'ers, Escapees Class of 2007. Over four years now and still enjoying every day of it.

"Happy Trails"
    Chiefneon
    We're still in the planning stage. But, I've been researching on a couple of sites: www.familiesontheroad.com and www.rv-dreams.com.

If you ever feel like sharing a little wisdom, or if you have a blog please drop me a PM. (I need all the help and encouragement I can get.)

Parking in most locations will cost you a lot more than it did a few years ago. I'm talking about campgrounds, not the wilderness pullouts.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

This my third camper, a 30', Wildwood, 2 slides, king size bed. We put it on our river lot along the Potomac River in Berkeley County, WV. We stay in it from late April till the first weekend in Nov.. Have a 22' pontoon boat and just love relaxing on the river.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links