Who likes cars? - Page 2

Who likes cars?

This is a discussion on Who likes cars? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's not a car, but it is a Ford SVT product...........my Ford Raptor!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Who likes cars?

VIP Member
    It's not a car, but it is a Ford SVT product...........my Ford Raptor!
    Attached Images
    JOHNSMITH likes this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Those Raptors are awesome looking trucks. I hear they perform pretty good too! I always stare when I see them on the road. It's certainly me favorite truck at the moment :)

I saw a review on those Raptors.... prety bad ass!!

My baby....my money pit...is a 67 Mustang I picked up in Texas 11 years ago...it was sun-baked with no brakes...shag carpeting and cracked seats...and tons of other problems...

Its got the standard 289 that I've beefed up a little...C4 automatic transmission...nice set of headers into dual pipes which gives it a decent sound...
    babyhulk and msgt/ret like this.
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Nice Cars!!!!!

I'm a car guy, but drive a '10 Civic Coupe EX.

My most favorite car of all time was my '98 Honda Prelude - sorry, no pic!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Here's a couple that I have in my stable.............
    pinklady likes this.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    thats a beautiful camaro supv, what year is she? I have a 71 Pontiac Catalina 4 door and a 73 GMC Camper Special sitting in my garage right now, they both need some work but have under 20000 miles apiece
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I'm a car guy. This is my 1968 Pro Street Mustang. Not the greatest picture, but its the picture that was already on the computer I'm using.

This was my first car and I've done all the work to it with loads of help from buddies.

I recently started tinkering on it after a 6 year hiatus.

It had a small block at the time of the picture, but now has a Big Block Ford 466 motor. Also, new since Jan. 2011, it has a Mustang II type front suspension now with Shockwave Airbags front & rear. (I still have a set of coilovers for the rear when I go to the track)
    Attached Images
    msgt/ret and pinklady like this.

Harleys too

Here is my most recent ride, bike pics 003.jpgbike pics 002.jpg

I love cars. Antique cars are my first love and passion. I'm into Vintage Volkswagens.

My '63 Bug is a Soft top Sunroof car that my Dad bought in 1966 used. My parents brought me home from the hospital in this car when I was born. It was our family car when I was growing up. In the early 80s, my Dad got tired of messing with it after a couple failed engines and parked it. It stayed parked in our driveway for 8 years with people stopping about once a week trying to buy it, me begging for it, all to no avail. Finally he got interested in getting it running again. A man he went to church with worked on them for years and he came and got it. He started working on it and then got bad sick with cancer. He fought it for years and then his wife got bad sick. They quit coming to church, then moved, and we lost track of them. After years of me aggravating my Dad about the car, he told me to forget it, it was gone. He had no idea if Alan took it with him, if he still had it, or if he was even still alive. I figured my dream car was toast. I always dreamed of painting it like Herbie when I was a kid because it was the same year, make, model, and color. Well, 9 years after watching the man haul it off, my dad called me one Friday night and said Alan had called him and said he still had the car and needed to do something with it. Dad told him he needed to call me and he told me it was in really bad shape and asked if I wanted it. I said, "Want it 'heck', I'll be down there in the morning to get it!" They had moved about 5 miles from my parents house and had the car behind their carport covered with a tarp for years. I had passed it hundreds of times and didn't even know it. It was a 3 year restoration, but it was worth it!!! A few years later, when the Herbie Fully Loaded movie came out, my daughter stopped in her tracks when she saw the first commercial and she said, "Daddy, can we paint your car like Herbie?" and I said "ABSOLUTELY!" I jumped on the internet, ordered a decal set for $90, and two weeks later my dream had come true. It's been so much fun, people waving, beeping, and taking pictures. It's a hit at the car shows and parades. It was a miracle that I had found my dream car and got to do what I wanted to do with it, but I felt like there was something more I was meant to do with it than go to car shows and parades. I was contacted by a volunteer group called Operation Herbie. It's a network of Herbie owners across the US that take Herbie to visit sick kids. When they are contacted from parents or the make-a-wish foundation, they send out e-mails to volunteers in the area and try to arrange a visit. I've had the good fortune to be able to share Herbie with a couple of families and I know it was the true purpose that was intended for me and this car. Herbie is still making magic with kids and families and it gives me a chance to share The Glory of The Lord with the parents during our visit.

DSC01984.jpg

My '62 Bug I bought about 4 years ago with the intention of making a custom bug show car. Well, while I was getting the mechanical stuff worked out I got an idea. I decided to make a retro hippy-mobile out of it. Rather than making it look new, I'm trying to make it look like a bug that was actually done up in the 60s. This encompassed several of my hobbies and interests. Cars, VWs, art, 60s music, 60s pop culture, and old vintage stuff. It kind of rolls many of my interests up into one thing and it has taken a lot more creative energy to create this car than anything else I could have done. It has really challenged me to stretch my creative thought and abilities to create something really different. People really seem to dig it and it's been a lot of fun...and it is something that is constantly changing and that I can work on for many years. I've still got lots of room to paint, so it won't be "done" for a long time.

Ruby2.jpgIMG00070-20101020-0220.jpgrubyback.jpgIMG00050-20101002-1956.jpg

Peace out car lovers!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Essington Ave Auto parts in philadelphia, 215-492-5700. we ship all over the US. we have parts for some of the vehicles above.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

BugDude... Awesome story on Herbie! You get to do all the cool things while spending time with others. The road trips, spending time with the fam, putting smiles on others faces. I couldn't think of a better way to end my day... Keep up the wonderful work

Thanks Kroper. I've been blessed...I'm just glad He has presented me with a way to do something productive in terms of His purpose. That beats the heck out of my dream car just sitting in a garage with a car cover on it waiting for the next car show. It has true purpose and meaning well beyond that of just metal and paint. I'm just glad to be a part of it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Ive wanted an EVO since I was 11 years old. But i dont have the financial means to ever own one.

And here's my summer drive... 355 cu.in. 450 hp, NASCAR 6 speed tranny, 354 posi rear end, ladder bars with tuned suspension. (And lots more) ... Never seen the back end of a Ford yet !! post save Firebird0011.jpg
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links