Who likes cars? - Page 3

Who likes cars?

This is a discussion on Who likes cars? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by supv26 Here's a couple that I have in my stable............. I love the Camaro beautiful car....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Who likes cars?

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supv26 View Post

Here's a couple that I have in my stable.............
    I love the Camaro beautiful car.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Now that is a nice car. I love the old Mustang's, and Camaro's. I bet it sounds sweet.

I hate all of you. haha

My friend has an 86 Monte Carlo he would sell me. It's got a 350 and all rebuilt rear end and stuff. It sounds aammaazziinngg. But living in CT it's expensive to own rear wheel drive cars since you have to have a 4x4 or FW car for the winter.

Here was my last Stingray

It was in bad condition when I bought it (having sat for five years). A friend of mine did the repaint and I did the installation of new carpet and seats. It was a labor of love.
    I have always loved Corvettes, but the truth is that I ilke all cars. I sold this one and am looking for a '71 with a big block in Steel City's Gray!!
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Bought this boxster for my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary back in 2002. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Today it only has 17,000 miles on it. She never drives it so I HAVE to on the weekends!
    Luck is not a feeling it's a way of life

Here's my baby, it was my daily driver from 2001-2009, now it's in the garage for a refreshing, lightening, and who knows what else.

It's a 1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6. Same engine, transmission, and suspension as an '88 300ZX, but the 200SX body is lighter. This pic was taken on The Tail of the Dragon in 2004.
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle

I like cars in so much as some are nice to look at. Yours has a nice clean look which I enjoy seeing but apparently not many around here seem to like doing. Sadly with all the idiots on the road I'll stick to my truck.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

My whole life.

Am I the only "real" or "hardcore" Honda lover here? (I love alot of other things, I just can't seem to get away from racing Hondas, lol.)

Awesome idea for a thread. After taking an almost 2 year hiatus from racing/owning a "fun car" and driving a Ranger around, I recently got back into it. This is the fastest car I've owned yet. While it might not look like much, she ran 12.60@108 , with 1.37 60' time on pump gas.

(Note:Those plates aren't on there anymore. "Go go gadget vtec!" )

The engine is called "the vturd" hence the custom valve cover lettering.

Chassis:
    '88 Civic DX
    SI rear disc brake conversion
    Si rear trailing arms
    Si sway bars
    KYB AGX Struts
    H&R springs
    Skunk2 front upper control arms
    Hasport motor mounts
    Hasport shift linkages

Engine:
    b18b1 block
    JDM ITR pistons
    Micropolished LS crank
    Shotpeened/cryotreated LS rods
    ACL bearings
    ARP hardware
    98 spec CTR head (Shaved, P+P, 3 angle valve job)
    98 Spec CTR IM (ported to fit 68MM TB)
    Professional Products 68MM TB
    Golden Eagle fuel rail
    Precision 440 Injectos
    TRE 250# fuel pump
    Crower stg 3 cams
    Crower dual valve springs
    Crower titanium retainers
    Crower cam gears
    genuine RMF "long header"
    full 3" exhaust, no cat, vibrant streetpower muffler
    Tuned on Neptune obd1
    Vtec@5800, redline@9600

B16 Cable trans, with swapped LS 5th gear. (needs an LSD.)
    Da9 Integra axles (Advance auto specials, lifetime warrenty. Its going to break axles no matter what when racing.)

First Honda/Acura I ever owned, and miss terribly (slow LS,tons of suspension goodies)

Second CRX I owned, was also very fun (LS swap/b16 cable LSD trans) can see my red integra in background, also under a cover in the background

Second Integra I owned, LS/VTEC getting dynoed/tuned, also sold:

Just found this on my HD too, this was a 1971 Chevelle Malibu. My first car. Step-grandfather bought it brand new. Dad bought it from him. My older brother drove her through high school. Wasn't anything terribly special. 307/TH350.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Puts a smile on my face everytime I start it up....

JOHNSMITH and DefConGun like this.

Ghettokracker71: NA B-series that runs 12's is not too shabby!

itskentc: Very nice Zo6!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    itskentc-When it comes to American cars, I almost always prefer Fords, BUT I have always had major respect for the 'Vette, c6 z06 is the best performance bargain made IMHO for an out of the box performer.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Ghettokracker71: NA B-series that runs 12's is not too shabby!
    Thanks. Its actually my DD too

BTW-clean EVO. Glad it doesn't have the huge factory "wing",... J/W-What did you have before that? Always been a Mitsu guy?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Count me in as a car guy. And as soon as we move and have another bay in the garage, I'll be looking for my next car - an old MR2, muscle car or Boxster.

And I'm like the OP, I only mod them to make them go faster or handle better.

Just came across this, don't know how I missed it.

Here's a project that I am partners on. It is 56 Ford pickup. The body has to be refurbed, but the chassis and motor are just about done.

6197 shows the 90 Explorer Trac-Loc rear end with its heavy axles, with the frame notching and boxing to lower the frame. It also shows the fuel tank and 110 gph fuel pump and lines.

6199 shows the fuel feed and return lines to the pressure regulator. It also shows the frame notch for the drive shaft, frame mounted master cylinder and exhaust system.

6188 shows the engine with the aluminum heads and timing chain on.

6198 shows the engine installed and after its 30 min breakin. Note the high valve covers to clear the chrome moly roller rockers, Holley 3310 750 cfm vac sec on air gap intake. Plug wires are off prepatory to retorquing the heads. Not visible below the bottom of the pic is the Volare torsion bar suspension front system with disc brakes, grafted to the 56 frame.

Engine is an SBC 383 cid stroker, KB pistons, stout hydraulic cam, aluminum 190cc 64cc chamber aluminum heads, air gap intake, Holley 750, Comp Cams Pro Magnum steel roller rockers and MSD 6AL. Estimate is 425-450 HP.
    Attached Images
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    thats a beautiful camaro supv, what year is she? I have a 71 Pontiac Catalina 4 door and a 73 GMC Camper Special sitting in my garage right now, they both need some work but have under 20000 miles apiece
    The Camaro is a 1969
    The Cougar is a 1984 with only 9600 miles on it!!!
    When I bought the Camaro back on 2000 it only had 44,000 miles on the odometer but there was no way of verifying what it actually had.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Having a dedicated track car is about as cool as it gets.

I'd love to have a track car but the funds won't allow for it now.

I've got a buddy at work that has a track car as well. He's an Audi guy and goes to Atlanta every year to drive that track. He also goes to see Petite LeMans.

I'd really like to have either a C5 or C6 Vette for a track car. I've also considered a Miata with an LS3 mod. Have you seen guys do this mod? Can you say mini-Cobra like project?

Nice car, I'm glad you shared this and started this thread.

I never knew your profile pic was an Evo, I thought it was a 3 series BMW.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links