Who likes cars?

Who likes cars?

This is a discussion on Who likes cars? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Cars are my first true love and hobby. I'll admit, my car hasn't gotten as much attention since my interest in firearms has increased, but ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Who likes cars?

Who likes cars?

Cars are my first true love and hobby. I'll admit, my car hasn't gotten as much attention since my interest in firearms has increased, but I still love it, and love driving it. I should say driving is my real passion. There's a lot that goes into driving. I spend a lot of time driving this car for the sake of fun and fun only. Modifying the car only makes it more fun to drive. I don't modify for the fun of modifying, as some do. I do it to make the car better. It makes a modest 331whp. Which is barely breaking the surface really. Bilstein/Swift suspension, bigger rear sway bar and 255/40R17 Dunlop Z1 tires.

I plan on doing some track days this summer. And I don't mean the drag strip, but a real race track. With turns. Not just left turns, but a mix of left ANNNNDD right turns ;) Last year I did Skip Barber Racing School and it was one of the coolest things I've ever done. I wish I could afford to go back!

Not to mention, another hobby is photography. I'm not the best, but it's fun.

Incase you're wondering, (probably not... you may not care at all) but I don't drive this car everyday. It's strictly and expensive toy.

Well, if anybody else is into this sort of thing, post away. I'm just killing time before I got to bed :)

I dig cars. Play car is a '92 Toyota MR2 with a beefed up 3sgte turbo. Daily driver is a 2011 Civic SI sedan. And yup, I like white...even the motorcycle (Honda VFR800) and mountain bike (Specialized P1) are white

VIP Member
    Have an old classic. Itís not a trailer queen; I do drive it to shows plus just for fun. Have an 1984 300ZX I am working on also.

IMG_0411.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I enjoy cars, but I have a classic that's just not fast... '92 Volvo 240 wagon. Won't get most people's blood stirring, but it'll hold 3 big dogs and a week's luggage for two. Try that in a SUV smaller than a Suburban, and you won't have room for a spare sweater. Son of Rumblegutz (SoG) has a tick under 250K on it; 140 cubic inches of normally-aspirated Sven & Oly power hooked up to a 5-speed M47 and a 3.31 final drive. A reasonable amount of suspension and brake goodies plus a mild cam and a sport exhaust let you know you're actually driving something. Plus, 24+ mpg and it's paid for.
    Attached Images
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar

Just pulled her out for the 1st time in months on Saturday.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Nice Evo. I too am a car guy but don't have a very car-guyish car ;)

I drive a three-pedaled Scion tC. I haven't done much to it, just some TRD springs, a Progress rear sway, short shifter and solid shifter and transmission end cable bushings. I don't plan to do anything else to it. It's rolling up to 45,000 trouble free miles.

My dream would be either a GT500 or a CTS-V. I will own one or the other one day! One day..

Here are a couple. And I can't seem to find aby pics of the Evo on this lap top. I also have an 05 AS SSL Evo. The turbo kit is going into the M3.....
    Attached Images

Purple e36, nice! I love M3's. Espeically e46's. I have yet to drive an e92 M3.

What's done to the eclipse? My father has a '95 GSX, Buschur built 6-bolt bottom end, 50 trim turbo, etc. Makes 355whp. He drives an Evo too...... '05 GG MR as his "daily driver". We're defiantly car people :) I also, used to have (sold it) Mirage that I put a turbo on and I also had an '03 TB Evo that I so gracefully put into a guardrail after two years of ownership. I've had the silver Evo for two years now.

Dad's GSX. This isn't a current picture, but it doesn't look much different than this.

My old Mirage. Look closely, you'll see a black Evo 8 FMIC ;)

My old Evo, RIP

And a cool picture I took of them altogether :)

Now, I have the '05 Silver Evo in my original post and a '98 Malibu that I drive too and from work, and when I'm not in the mood for 3" straight pipe exhuast. My Evo can literally be heard a mile away a wide open throttle. It's pretty obnoxious. A friend called me, from in his house, watching TV and ask me if I'm out in my car. Oddly enough, I was about a mile away. Open wastegate will do that :D

These pictures all came from the link in my signature. If you want to see more, they're all in there :)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    Just pulled her out for the 1st time in months on Saturday.
    I feel you Knightrider. Have a 01 SS drop top with 75K and sitting in the garage.

Yeah It gets is that "purple" at night. It's Cosmos Black. But yes it has purple flakes. Stock for E36. My GSX is also a 95 with 92,xxx on it. It was my first car when I was 17 and I haven't and won't prob get rid of it. It's stock bottom, and buschur on top. It's had the T25 to a Big T28 to a EVO 3 16 to a B16g and now GT28. At one point it was apart and I didn't touch it for 2-3 years. I just got into other cars. The Evo is pretty much stock. The ome car I miss because I lost it in a bad break up. Well I'm happy we did but the **** took the car was my 93 Cobra. #551 ou of 4995. All original paint 40K miles, all the parts to put it to stock. The only thing you couldn't take back off were the subframe connectors. 440 hp 462 lbtq. I wasn't able to get it to the track after the build. The S4 is all APR. The block and head are stock. Still Ko3's 370hp 412lbtq. The daily right now is a honda pilot haha. Looking to get into a diesel soon!

And awesome pictures!! I wish I could play with some of the toys and cars!

Ahh, I thought it was that OEM purple. The e36 M3 I drove was purple :) My favorite color on e36's.

Bought this gentle giant new off the lot in '06. Drove the dog dook out of it for 39K miles. Was never modified and still looked/drove like new when I traded it in last fall. My photog skills don't stand up to the rest of yall's, but here goes...

Picture_009 - Copy (2).jpgPicture 002 - Copy.jpg
    Smith & Wesson M&P .40
    Walther PPS .40
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Have an old classic. It’s not a trailer queen; I do drive it to shows plus just for fun. Have an 1984 300ZX I am working on also.

IMG_0411.jpg
    I wish I had the time, money and motivation to build one of these, with an obnoxious engine swap, say a......... RB26DETT, or even a Ford 5.0L :)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I wish I had the time, money and motivation to build one of these, with an obnoxious engine swap, say a......... RB26DETT, or even a Ford 5.0L :)
    Actually there was someone from Garret that took 280Z engine and a turbo up 600+hp, ran very good but he had to detune it a bit due to parts breakage.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I had a '97 s14 Nissan 240sx SE that I loved. But never had the cash to mod more than an intake, sway bar, and stereo. But it was an awesome driver. I sold it to a friend who begged me for a while to sell it to him. It was stolen and stripped of the front end a month later.
    He got it back, rebuilt it, and did an SR20DET swap. I drove it and it was FAAASST! Still miss that car. These days I'm driving my wife's Avalanche.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links