You think he'll make a good watch dog?

This is a discussion on You think he'll make a good watch dog? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found this stray puppy in the middle of the woods on Easter weekend. No one around, starving and thirsty. I found some vinegar flavored ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: You think he'll make a good watch dog?

VIP Member

You think he'll make a good watch dog?

I found this stray puppy in the middle of the woods on Easter weekend. No one around, starving and thirsty. I found some vinegar flavored potato chips and he devoured them on the spot. Brought him some table scraps later, which he inhaled, caught him and brought him home. He's got a big voice and seems very smart.

Next stop, trip to the vet.

BTW, what sort of bloodline mixes do you see in the puppy?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ppkheat; May 1st, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Don't know if the dog is any good as a sentry, but you earned a bunch of points in my book.
    OD* and joker1 like this.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

GM
    I do not know if he will make a good watch dog or not, but he is so cute! You did the right thing bringing him home; very well done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    Don't know if the dog is any good as a sentry, but you earned a bunch of points in my book.
    Same thing here
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    He'll be an outside dog, we have three cats that are inside cats. I'm sure the cats would fall over dead if the dog came in the house. All of the cats were "rescued" in some way. I don't know why but the rescues seem to make great pets. Maybe it's because we felt sorry for them and treated them extra special?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Perhaps you are his watchdog. I have two rescues now.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    He'll be an outside dog, we have three cats that are inside cats. I'm sure the cats would fall over dead if the dog came in the house. All of the cats were "rescued" in some way. I don't know why but the rescues seem to make great pets. Maybe it's because we felt sorry for them and treated them extra special?
    Cats and dogs are very grateful; they do not forget what you did for them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I need a couple of these to patrol the yard at night.
    garyacman likes this.

Wahat is that? ^ And good for you! He will be forever grateful. I love hearing about rescues!

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Because they know the difference between living on their own and having a home. The dog will most likely make a good guard dog. He will want to protect the family that saved him.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I'm sure that he will make an excellent watchdog. If he's loud now, wait until he's got a few more pounds on him and he comes to love you (and the cats) as family, not just as his savior. He will make a wonderful addition to your family. Congratulations (and thank you) on the save, by the way; I am a dog person.

That's how I got my Pitt-bull. Found him running down the side of the road with some steel tow cable hung around his neck. He has turned out to be a wonderful dog. Not the brightest- rather stupid actually- but he's loving and has one hell of a bark.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

My DW and I agree you got a keeper! Kudos to you for saving him!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Even if he doesn't make a good watchdog, he looks like he will be a great companion!! Major kudos to you for the rescue!!! I have had four dogs in my life (so far) and they all have been rescues and it is true, somehow they know and appreciate it!!!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

Dog's rule, and your rescue mutt gets two thumbs up!
    RevolvingMag likes this.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Friend for like. And if you acclimate the animals now, there probably won't be much fur flying later. I'd much rather have my 'guard' dog inside than out. Inside dogs tend to bark at threats. Outside dogs bark because they can. Inside dogs gravitate toward the threat. Outside dogs run around and away. Inside dogs protect the doors and windows. Of course outside dogs may keep interlopers away from the house entirely, but can be neutralized by a cheap steak, some biscuits, or a bowl of antifreeze.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post

I need a couple of these to patrol the yard at night.
    Is that even a dog? He's beautiful! I want one!
    RevolvingMag likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links