UK Does It Again........

UK Does It Again........

This is a discussion on UK Does It Again........ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They are daft. The editors of a new Journal of Animal Ethics (JAE) published this month by the University of Illinois Press say derogatory words ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By GM
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty
  • 4 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: UK Does It Again........

Red face UK Does It Again........

They are daft.

The editors of a new Journal of Animal Ethics (JAE) published this month by the University of Illinois Press say derogatory words like “pests” and “vermin” should be dropped altogether and “pets” replaced by “companion animals”, while “wild animals” should be termed “free living or free ranging animals”.
    News Release: Animal Language Sends Wrong Message | Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics

There is an obvious prejudgment here that should be avoided.

Where is the UK going..........Led by the likes of this highly educated PhD.....

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

GM
    To the same place there many countries in Europe are going … and the US too. Have you ever heard talk about political correctness?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

OOPs I squashed a free ranging cockaroach
    oneshot and RemMod597 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Next we will have to stop using they're common names and start using the scientific name for animals, insects and fish. Sounds like a bunch of Bos taurus feces to me!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As long as they include a category of free ranging tasty animals, it's all good.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Crikey!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    OOPs I squashed a free ranging cockaroach
    Just one less potential politician.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

From the git-go, you have to wonder. "Journal of Animal Ethics?" The term "ethics" describes moral principles and behaviors. "Morality" is not something that exists in the animal world, from amoeba to the great apes. Maybe they mean "Human Ethics About Animals"... in which case, they aren't just misguided, but completely full of hot air.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Where is the UK going..........Led by the likes of this highly educated PhD.....
    This goes toward proving my theory that "education and common sence are inversely proportional".
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    huh? animals are less than human...hence why they are called animals. Definatley not gonna be in the woods one day looking up and going, "blimey, a free range grizzly bear" "I hope by showing him respect he won't eat me because I violated his moral rights." Probably gonna be more like "AHHHHHHH A BEAR!!!!! BANG BANG BANG BANG,!!!!!" "Dead bear." As the saying goes, first you say it, then you do it.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I asked my dog about it today and she just cocked her head and gave me that "they can't be serious" look. I'm totally in agreement with her.
    dsee11789 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Another example of political correctness run amuck from the Ivory Tower crowd.

For most, “wildness” is synonymous with uncivilized, unrestrained, barbarous existence.
    Obviously he has never ventured outside.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sponsored Links