Happy Star Wars Day

This is a discussion on Happy Star Wars Day within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; May the 4th be with you!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Happy Star Wars Day

Talking Happy Star Wars Day

May the 4th be with you!

2. Remove Ads

Funny.

I was a fan of Star Wars, until George Lucas messed up the last 3 films.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I still remember watching the original Star Wars movie. I was sitting in the theater wondering why I'd even spent the few dollars back then (1976) for this movie. Then I SAW it. I was totally blown away by all the really cool special effects of the day. I must have went back to watch it 10 times or more. Even today, when I see it, I still remember that feeling so long ago...........

"May the Force be with you!"
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Cute. I admit that I already used it on my sister today...

i want to buy teh blu ray but it wont have the original cut of IV-VI and I cant stand to watch the recuts

VIP Member
    "May the Schwartz be with you!" .....

Oh, wait, wrong movie.

Darn it, Barf! I told you it wasn't about us! And you are still shedding all over the Winnebago!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid!
    -Han Solo, CCW enthusiast
    slingshot554 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I still remember watching the original Star Wars movie. I was sitting in the theater wondering why I'd even spent the few dollars back then (1976) for this movie. Then I SAW it. I was totally blown away by all the really cool special effects of the day. I must have went back to watch it 10 times or more. Even today, when I see it, I still remember that feeling so long ago...........

Me too: My uncle took me to see it, I was blown away had never seen anything like it before... we saw it 6 times that summer....

Memories!!!

I took a gal to the opening in WDC on a BIG SCREEN. We stood in line for about an hour and were then wised up that this was the line that had already purchased tickets and was waiting for the next show. Got tickets for the following show and stood in line for another two hours waiting.

IT WAS WORTH IT!

I can remember zapping other cars and pedestrians with my blasters (high beams) all the way home. LOL
    Last edited by Zsnake; May 4th, 2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Keisukekun View Post
    i want to buy teh blu ray but it wont have the original cut of IV-VI and I cant stand to watch the recuts
    Me too

I especially hate how Lucas put that stupid Hayden kid in place of the original Anakin, in episode VI.

The Jabba scene in the re-done episode IV is completely unnecessary.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post

The Jabba scene in the re-done episode IV is completely unnecessary.
    Actually, it was originally in the script. It had to be cut due to budget and time concerns.

Like it I do. Funny it is. Steal it I will.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

I lost count of how many time I went to the movies to see it.... and when it finally came out on video!!! Ah the good old days.....

Oh and remember the reviews.... they hated it said it would never break even..... and those guys still pick the winners for the emmys.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Like a few already posted...I was awed watching the movie in the theater. That was my introduction to sci-fi and I have not looked back since. YES I am (movie) nerd.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    The 4th is strong with this one, and if i remember correctly Han Solo open carried
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links