Anyone else feeling overwhelmed? - Page 2

Anyone else feeling overwhelmed?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feeling overwhelmed? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by miklcolt45 What is 'winter?'. ;-p True that, we can tell its winter when we cut the grass every five days instead every ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone else feeling overwhelmed?

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    What is 'winter?'. ;-p
    True that, we can tell its winter when we cut the grass every five days
    instead every two.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Sometimes you need help. I brought in the hired help to rebuild & stain my deck, refinish pool deck, plant new bushes, trim old ones, and stock and treat the pond. I blew my tax return and then some, but I'm caught up and have time to shoot now.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I just had to put in a new sewer line, I dug it by hand and did it all myself to save money, haven't worked that hard in years. Have to fix interior trim, put down new flooring, and fix cracks in basement wall.
    Working extra shifts to help pay tuition for the Mrs, who is now enrolled in a graduate program for her Masters.
    Had to buy new lawn mower, cause the old one quit. As soon as I cut the grass with the new Cub Cadet, the damn weed eater broke.
    Yeah, I'm feeling it.
    My solution; putting the house up for sale today. Take the equity and pay off bills, purchase a used mobile home, and bank all my checks for the next 5 years. I'm done. I'll keep my land and that's it. Too much work and responsibility. Time to enjoy life.
    I did the same thing in November, My main drain went bad. I did it myself and lost. The gas lines were in the way were the break was. $4100 dollars later I can now flush again, but my front yard is a horrible mess. The wife is fine for now, the hot tube is running so she is happy for now.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I got the woman out doing the yard work. Hehehe

She probably WILL see this.......
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    OVERWHELMED--DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.......

1. New well pump = the M1A Bush rifle I was going to buy

2. 4 yrs worth of horse & cow recyceled hay spread on pasture = the SS mini-14 I was going to buy.......

3. new dairy cow = all the extra ammo and the M1A & Mini-14 that I was going to buy.........

4. 7' tall steel pipe fence posts and fencing on 120' x 60' new garden and orchard = The Wilson Combat I was going to buy + lots of spare ammo..........

5. Additional cattle panels to keep the cows out of the neighbor's pasture................(we need a smiley of a $ with wings attached)
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Oh yeah--to all you forgetful folks in Florida, THIS is what winter is.........Oct 08.jpg
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Oh yeah--to all you forgetful folks in Florida, THIS is what winter is.........Oct 08.jpg
    I would take that over florida any say! CT is just a mess. It doesn't know what season it is. THat's not the worst of CT either

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I hear ya. I started a new consulting gig last Monday and was out billable on the fist day. I have not been a consultant in 12 years, been in corporate IT so long I forgot how to BE a consultant, instead I paid them.

I thought I was having a nervous breakdown on Tuesday, turns out I was just sick and misread the symptoms (DOH!).
    Hang in there. Consulting is a rough lifestyle, but (as you know) it can be very lucrative. Remember that stress is relative, and once you get used to it again, it's just another day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    OVERWHELMED--DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.......

1. New well pump = the M1A Bush rifle I was going to buy

2. 4 yrs worth of horse & cow recyceled hay spread on pasture = the SS mini-14 I was going to buy.......

3. new dairy cow = all the extra ammo and the M1A & Mini-14 that I was going to buy.........

4. 7' tall steel pipe fence posts and fencing on 120' x 60' new garden and orchard = The Wilson Combat I was going to buy + lots of spare ammo..........

5. Additional cattle panels to keep the cows out of the neighbor's pasture................(we need a smiley of a $ with wings attached)
    Its funny how you equate things you need to buy in firearms purchase... i thought i was the only one who did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder who else thinks this way too?????
    mkphillips likes this.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Cool

WORK............. it's a four letter word

Some of you older boys might remember this.

YouTube - DG - MAYNARD G KREBS - WORK
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'm going to another thread.......................y'll wearing me out with all this talk of work an such!

Distinguished Member
    We must share DNA. I'm not sleeping well at night. Too many hurting folks and too little "results". Plus, course work overdue plus wife wants time plus...
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Ten landscape plants got planted today, along with three yards of bark spread (still need one more to finish). Three days in a row of no rain. Gotta take advantage.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Ten landscape plants got planted today, along with three yards of bark spread (still need one more to finish). Three days in a row of no rain. Gotta take advantage.
    3 days of no rain in Pa. That's gotta be a record.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

It's all I can do to keep up with mowing the grass. I work too long and hard and too many late nights to spend the little bit of free time I have doing all that crap. After I do the stuff with the wife and kids that she wants me to do, I'm going to the man cave to work on cars, taking my cars to car shows, shooting pool, playing golf, shooting guns, etc. As for all of the other stuff that needs to be done, there's someone somewhere feeding their kids doing stuff like staining the deck, landscaping, and fixing stuff....who am I to take food out of their kid's mouths. I used to do all of my own landscaping, house remodeling, etc. I never did it right and always got fussed at anyway...now she can fuss at the poor sap I'm paying to do it and I'm off the hook.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links