Lt. Col. Oliver North's Feb 87 terrorist hit squad against his residence.

This is a discussion on Lt. Col. Oliver North's Feb 87 terrorist hit squad against his residence. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; snopes.com: Oliver North Warns About Osama Bin Laden Stupid website won't let me cut the text. I vaguely knew of this but lacked all the ...

Thread: Lt. Col. Oliver North's Feb 87 terrorist hit squad against his residence.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Lt. Col. Oliver North's Feb 87 terrorist hit squad against his residence.

snopes.com: Oliver North Warns About Osama Bin Laden

Stupid website won't let me cut the text.

I vaguely knew of this but lacked all the details. I'm not a big fan of North, since he did engage in illegal activities in government, but he's still an American hero under the tarnish. Combat decorated in Vietnam.

Basically, Libyan terrorist team was on the way to his house when they were caught by the FBI. A judge let them out on bail and they haven't been seen since.

Can you imagine being his neighbor and them having the wrong address?

Click the link and go to his letter at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by SIXTO; May 9th, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Several people had warned about Osama bin Laden, well before the first bomb put in the World Trade Center in 1990 as well as the Sudan in 1993. I was aware and paying attention to Osama in the late 80's, as things about him came out. My father and I had lots of debates about it and that in the future he was going to be a serious problem if he wasn't stopped. We were both right.

Oliver North came out at one point about the dangers of Osama bin Laden, but it was after lots in the CIA, etc. were already giving strong warnings about him. There was an argument that he should be taken out, in the 1993 Sudan incident..... as he was the one "advising" the tribal chief in power there on how to make it bloody enough, etc ... because the American public could not handle it and would make the USA pull it's military out. They did, and the military was pulled out. He was right.

Where Osama was wrong, was how America would react to 9/11 and that Geo Bush was the President.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    There was an argument that he should be taken out, in the 1993 Sudan incident..... as he was the one "advising" the tribal chief in power there on how to make it bloody enough, etc ... because the American public could not handle it and would make the USA pull it's military out. They did, and the military was pulled out. He was right.
    I think you meant to say "Somalia."
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    The Snopes link says the info is false.

Wow. Let's hear it for reading before posting.

Links