Who is standing up for our rights....?

This is a discussion on Who is standing up for our rights....? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A couple days ago I posted on Facebook the story about the news anchor who called Trump a racist for investigating Obama's birth certificate. One ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: Who is standing up for our rights....?

A couple days ago I posted on Facebook the story about the news anchor who called Trump a racist for investigating Obama's birth certificate. One of my freinds replied back that she thought that some people shouldn't have the right to free speech. I answered that I thought the anchor was an idiot but had the right to be one. She replied that some people should keep their mouth shut on Facebook about political news because it made some of us look stupid. Why is it so hard for some people to comprehend the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights. And who is standing up for our rights? I only was prompted to share this because I'm watching The movie "The People vs. Larry Flint". All I can say is where are the pioneers of today?
    Last edited by ccroom; May 9th, 2011 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

I rarely discuss "politics" with anyone these days. Mainly because people that I want to discuss it with are so firm in their belief they are correct, that the debate turns into a spitting match on how crappy the opposition appears.

People are entitled to their opinions but there are those who vehemently oppose any viewpoint that challenges theirs and if you want to express it, you are obvioulsy racist, anti-whatever and get verbally attacked for your views. It's kind of pointless because once someone is so deeply rooted in their belief, it is near impossible to get them to listen to others.
    Sig35seven likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Yes, at present there are many people who just don't get "freedom for all". The ones who are on the conservative side get disagreed with, the ones on the "liberal" side (they aren't liberals) get encouraged.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Facebook is not exactly a site to go and debate at.
    the demographics scream highschool/college youth and liberalism.

besides, when losing a debate a liberal will resort to name calling...
    so you kinda won after all, eh?
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    A couple days ago I posted on Facebook the story about the news anchor who called Trump a racist for investigating Obama's birth certificate. One of my freinds replied back that she thought that some people shouldn't have the right to free speech. I answered that I thought the anchor was an idiot but had the right to be one. She replied that some people should keep their mouth shut on Facebook about political news because it made some of us look stupid. Why is it so hard for some people to comprehend the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights. And who is standing up for our rights? I only was prompted to share this because I'm watching The movie "The People vs. Larry Flint". All I can say is where are the pioneers of today?
    We are standing up for our rights. Every time we vote for a pro 2A or pro Constitutionalist candidate.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Dummy head!

Oh wait i'm not liberal...

hmm...... OBAMA??? No way

NRA, I'll go with that one

Edit to add: LOL down below the bill board advertisement says Rand Paul

I work in a school...I seldom try to discuss/debate with the liberal section of our staff...
    I'll just mind my own business and discuss Glocks with our school cop...he works out of my office.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'll just mind my own business and discuss Glocks with our school cop...he works out of my office.
    I got a real hoot from picturing two people talking about Glocks every day.

"Hey, Larry! Did you see that new Glock? It's all black, and kinda squarish."

"Oh, does it look like a 19 or a 36?"

"Yeah, that's the one."

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I got a real hoot from picturing two people talking about Glocks every day.

"Hey, Larry! Did you see that new Glock? It's all black, and kinda squarish."

"Oh, does it look like a 19 or a 36?"

"Yeah, that's the one."
    LOL I KNOW RIGHT!?!?! Lol Noooo, Im talking about the Bi tone one Larry
    What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    LOL I KNOW RIGHT!?!?! Lol Noooo, Im talking about the Bi tone one Larry
    You sure it wasn't the 25th Anniversary one?

Ask her about the 2A....

And watch her head explode!
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Sponsored Links