UBER contempt of cop - LEO with a hair trigger temper. Ofc. Hill, polish your resume!

This is a discussion on UBER contempt of cop - LEO with a hair trigger temper. Ofc. Hill, polish your resume! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; YouTube - Teen Arrested For Asking Cop About Unwarranted Raids (TEN FACTS) OK straight up the kid, whatever his motives, approached the LEO poorly. But ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Chad Rogers
  • 5 Post By SIXTO
  • 2 Post By HotGuns

Thread: UBER contempt of cop - LEO with a hair trigger temper. Ofc. Hill, polish your resume!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

UBER contempt of cop - LEO with a hair trigger temper. Ofc. Hill, polish your resume!

YouTube - Teen Arrested For Asking Cop About Unwarranted Raids (TEN FACTS)

OK straight up the kid, whatever his motives, approached the LEO poorly. But I don't think even the most diehard LEO supporter can swallow what happened next.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

things liek this make me scared to ask leos anything sometimes

I think the cops handled it poorly.
    However, the kid had to know playing "gotcha" journalism with a camera is going to tick some people off.
    I'd be interested to hear how the courts rule if he pursues a civil suit for the matter.

edit: By "poorly" I mean simply that the officers may have opened the door to criticism by people who are predisposed to criticize cops anyway.
    I don't think this rises to the level of a civil rights case, but I'm not a lawyer.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

I think that there is probably more history to this whole thing than the 3 minute youtube video shows.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I don't pretend that there aren't bad cops, but that video did not provide sufficient data for me to make any determination. 'Concur with Buckeye, that I wonder if there was more to it than where it started with the cop speaking to the motorist through the window.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    However, the kid had to know playing "gotcha" journalism with a camera is going to tick some people off.
    It never ceases to astound me how many people want to play a big boy's game, and then can't handle the consequences.

If the USA were even half the police state this dipwad claims it to be, he would have simply been disappeared forever. Buried alive with his camera.
    WHEC724 likes this.

Administrator
    Like one of my favorite sayings goes "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".
    "Just blame Sixto"

Another case where a kid goes out looking for trouble. In the process he pushes a cop's buttons and then presents himself as a victim of police wrongdoing using Youtube as a tool for rabble rousing. I just can't seem to find much sympathy for him.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".
    I'm going to add that one to my repertoire.

Senior Moderator
    My Dad told me a long time ago," if you are gonna go out and look for trouble, don't come cyring to me when you find it"...
    Chad Rogers and Old School like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

IF the conversation the officer was having with the person in the car was part of an investigation, then they should have gone ahead and prosecuted him for what the officer said he was arresting him for. If not, that officer and his department could be writing some big checks in the future.

I am not familiar with North Dakota law, so can anyone tell me is it illegal in North Dakota to video tape a police officer in a public place?

If the kid with the camera was not violating any law, how is handcuffing him, transporting him, and detaining him for an hour (allegedly) not violating his civil rights?

If the kid did not get an academic scholarship from a college I think he just got one from the city.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Its not wise to screw with people you don't know, uniform not withstanding.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Without question, the cops actions were out of line.

Yes, the kid was probably always stirring up crap, but that is still NO reason for the cop to arrest him. I hope the kid does press charges on the officer. As an officer he knows he is going to be put in tough positions, and it is his responsibility to deal with it properly.

And in NO WAY did this kid hinder an investigation. If the cop was doing an investigation and told the kid to leave him alone and the kid didn't, then yes. However the officer asked the kid (who was simply standing on a public street recording an officer who was in public) what he was doing, etc. and then arrested the kid. He talked to the kid, not the other way around. This kid nothing to justify this arrest.

However, did he do something to justify the cops being sticklers w/ him later on for TRUE violations? Absolutely.

VIP Member
    I definitely side with supporting the officer and the department. Too many officers have become the target of social media attacks, putting them, and their families at risk.

I also suspect there is more to the story and the kid had a beef with either the officer or the department before the video episode. I think the the police did the kid a favor by not charging him.

I don't think the officer's actions were out of line. There is simply too little information to go on here regarding the officer's reaction. What I will say is that if the officer indicates he was talking to a citizen during an investigation, I believe him. One possible explaination, the citizen in the car was a CI or witness. The kid just published the citizen's license plate of all things.

What can be said, other than stupid hurts.

Links