How not to test an air bag.

This is a discussion on How not to test an air bag. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have blown off many air bags, Yes they sound like a 12 guage but nobody in an accident hears it due to sensory overload. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How not to test an air bag.

I have blown off many air bags, Yes they sound like a 12 guage but nobody in an accident hears it due to sensory overload. Once the airbag is unplugged it becomes very safe it has a metal clip which is called a shorting bar. If you cut the plug from the vehicle and install it back into the bag or pull off shorting bar and running long wires you can set it off with a watch battery.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    is this the video you are talking about?

YouTube - Firefighter injuied by airbag
    I remember seeing that one, but the one I was thinking of was different. It was on some tape that he had to show us.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I must be a darwin candidate because i thought, you know if you put that guy in a helmet and armoured jacket, pad the ground, and put something between him and the airbag that could be fun.......
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Remember that hemorrhoid I used to have!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

AS soon as someone says , "hey, watch this " .... it's time to leave.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links