Weather in Toronto sucks!

This is a discussion on Weather in Toronto sucks! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I landed today and the weather here sucks! Now granted that I came from SoCal and I shouldn't complain about the heat but at least ...

Thread: Weather in Toronto sucks!

Weather in Toronto sucks!

I landed today and the weather here sucks! Now granted that I came from SoCal and I shouldn't complain about the heat but at least it's dry heat. Now here.... oh man, talk about humid! Upside is that I'm flying back home Fri night

Switching gears a bit, it was interesting when I was flying out, the TSA did ask me about checking in guns and it's the first time I actually started thinking about it. Odd thing was that the luggage scan guy asked me in a clear loud voice whether I'm checking in any guns. Talk about giving yourself away should I have been checking in weapons.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - humid eh - happens!!!

Come a tad South to PA - well hot and sticky (yuk) - probably worse .

Checking in guns is no biggy generally - tho not something I'd consider for travels to the Canadian region! Not handguns anyways!

Friday will come soon then you can have your dry heat back - from all I see on forecast - it is plenty hot enought there - like triple digits down in LA region (phew).
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Haha - humid eh - happens!!!

Come a tad South to PA - well hot and sticky (yuk) - probably worse .
    No thanks.... I hate sticky weather.

Checking in guns is no biggy generally - tho not something I'd consider for travels to the Canadian region! Not handguns anyways!
    Well that's not the issue, the issue is that if he asks you in a loud voice while everyone else is standing around (it's a group cattle call to get your checkin luggage scanned) if you got any guns that you are checking in. Which means that on the other end someone might be tempted to walk with your luggage (whether you're delayed coming through the gate or something) cause there is a bigger payoff.

Friday will come soon then you can have your dry heat back - from all I see on forecast - it is plenty hot enought there - like triple digits down in LA region (phew).
    Well, it's tripple digits but it's not bad. Office has AC, car has AC, house has AC, gun range has AC: I think there is pattern here

Also I don't really mind the dry heat. Last year I led a jeep run into the desert on July 31's. I think it was about 120F in shade with one tiny little bit of a problem: there was NO SHADE. I did not mind. The rest of the group wanted to stake me out in the sun and leave me to suffer the temp since I "enjoyed" it so much. Funny thing is that noone made them come

Phoenix checking in. Record breaking heat waves for the last 2 week, and 2 serial killers.

Oddly enough, the temps are about normal here. I think there isnt as much rain as nornal? What do I know anyhow? Im still a daisy fresh "transplant"...

Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    Oddly enough, the temps are about normal here. I think there isnt as much rain as nornal? What do I know anyhow? Im still a daisy fresh "transplant"...
    OK... I don't think that this trip can't get any more interesting! It rained last night and it rained "fire" today as the firealarm got tripped at 5:30 am (which is 2:30am my local "still unadjusted" time)!

Anyways, at least it's not muggy yet.
    Last edited by Huzar; July 27th, 2006 at 06:39 AM.

Weather is the one constant that we can not get along without. Everybody complains about it regardless of where it is and when away from home usually makes unfavorable comparisons. Weather like fishing, was better yesterday (when I was somewhere else) and will always be better tomorrow (when I will be somewhere else.)

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Going back to the checked in guns part of this. I can think of something a bit dumber, I and some other team members were departing KCI for Philly on military orders. We each had an M-16A2 and an M-9 plus all of our other gear; batons, OC spray, hand cuffs, Chem. gear and Atropine injectors etc…

They went through everything including having us unlock the gun cases to insure that they were unloaded and so they could put big red stickers on each case. As in Look this is a gun. No one checked our baggage receipts after we picked up our gear.

The kicker is that military traveling under orders are exempt from being searched. No one would listen to that part their contention was that we did not have a final destination on our orders so they were not valid. The destination was classified.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Quote Originally Posted by mark555
    The kicker is that military traveling under orders are exempt from being searched. No one would listen to that part their contention was that we did not have a final destination on our orders so they were not valid. The destination was classified.
    Awww come on, weren't your guns bigger then their guns? You could have persuaded them to see your point

Btw, I'm just kidding

And getting back to the weather sucks thing: it's raining! I finally got time off from work. Pulled over 14 hours of work yesterday and today I can kick back and relax but it is raining!
    Last edited by Huzar; July 28th, 2006 at 10:10 AM.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Well as a Canadian we can assure that Toronto sucks all the time!!
    (it's the city we all love to hate)

It's also anti-gun central with a bunch of foaming at the mouth anti-gun politicans.

For Law abiding Americans carrying firearms to Canada, please read up on the laws before coming here, many of the guns seized at the border are from Americans who forgot they had them or didn't do their homework, you can bring some guns into the country but not all and it would suck to have them seized.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    Well as a Canadian we can assure that Toronto sucks all the time!!
    (it's the city we all love to hate)

It's also anti-gun central with a bunch of foaming at the mouth anti-gun politicans.

For Law abiding Americans carrying firearms to Canada, please read up on the laws before coming here, many of the guns seized at the border are from Americans who forgot they had them or didn't do their homework, you can bring some guns into the country but not all and it would suck to have them seized.
    OK, this took it over the top.... my return flight got delayed by almost an hour because..... THE PILOT WAS LATE! His excuse was that he was "stuck in traffic". OK, don't you take that possibility into account and leave on time, or take side streets if need be? Come on....

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    who were you flying with?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    who were you flying with?
    AirCanada

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar
    AirCanada

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sucker!
    Proud CSSA Member! :)

"The best way to convert liberals is to have them move out of their parents' home, get a job, and start paying taxes." Ann Coulter

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sucker!
    Yeah... well... that was the only choice for a direct flight.

Links