My trip to detroit

My trip to detroit

This is a discussion on My trip to detroit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Went down state for training for work. good class, learned some more investigation tips and tricks. I took my girlfriend along because she had bought ...

Thread: My trip to detroit

Lead Moderator

My trip to detroit

Went down state for training for work. good class, learned some more investigation tips and tricks. I took my girlfriend along because she had bought a trailer off ebay.
    we went to Bass Pro shop to look around since we both like to hunt and fish. On the way out into the mall I noticed a No firearms beyond this sign. I stopped and decided take the pistol back to the truck to be on the safe side. My girlfriend actually got mad. She wanted me to carry because she felt the sign was for purchases only.
    I did take the pistol out to the truck. Bas Pro will be getting 2 letters about their sign.
    Next stop was to get the trailer then get the heck outta metro ville. As we started to hook up the trailer it poured down rain. I ended up soaked, but luckily my cover shirt still concealed my SA Champ well.
    I checked the SA today and noticed a bit of surface rust already starting on the mainspring housing. A detailed cleaning found more water under the dust cover and on the inside of the slide.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Rocky, I'm sorry you had to go to Detroit. The rest of your state is great though. Is it possible the sign was put up by the mall and not Bass Pro Shop? BTW, since I've been using Militec-1 I havn't had problems with rust on my guns or knives.
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

Lead Moderator
    No the sign was inside Bass Pro , will try the Miltec 1. thanks.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Well that sucks. I never noticed a sign at the Bass Pro Shop just south
    of Wisconsin, in Gurney IL, that I frequent three or four times a year.
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

Assistant Administrator
    Rocky - glad you ''survived''

I find two options are good for wipe over to protect surfaces - A well impregnated CLP cloth - and also Boeshield seems pretty effective - leaves a supposedly thin wax film.

I see corrosion even on my 226 ST because trigger, hammer and levers are steel - have to try and keep those wiped to avoid my sweat vapor leading to rust.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Bass Pro sells firearms and also takes them in trade or for repair. My understanding of their sign and the ones at Cabelas are that if you are bringing them in for say appraisal or work that is one thing. A lawfully carried concealed firearm is another. You can always ask them about it at the desk or ask for the store manager. This would clarify their policy. I don't know how much leeway the store managers are given in this, but the signs are at every Bass Pro and Cabelas I have ever visited, and I have been to most of both stores.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

The last time that I went to Detroit was about ten years ago. I did not leave anything there that would make it necessary for me to go back search for. On by the way, Miltec is really good.

Detroit UGH !
    But I'd love to visit northern michagan.... :)

Usually the sign at bass pro and cabelas say no firearms past this point and in little print that it doesn't apply to lawful ccw holders

Just what is "Miltec", and where can you get it?? Didnt see it at Wally-World today when I picked up some Hoppe's #9 and gunoil.

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Don't bother with Miltec IMHO you have to order it off line from them usually i had more gun problems using in that anything else

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    The sign was probably put up by Bass Pro to keep their customers from walking into the rest of the mall with a newly purchased rifle under their arm, much like bars with patio seating put up "no alcohol beyond this point" signs... to remind their patrons not to walk out on the sidewalk with their beer.

Since the sign was posted by Bass Pro Shop and not by the mall itself, and you were _leaving_ BPS to enter the mall, it could hardly be considered any sort of limitation on CC within the mall anymore than a sign that I put up would be.

I'd be willing to be there was no sign greeting you as you entered BPS. If that is the case, and there's no such sign at the BPS in Denver, then I wouldn't have worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    No the sign was inside Bass Pro , will try the Miltec 1. thanks.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Sponsored Links