How many holsters can one gun belt support? (my goofy pictures)

This is a discussion on How many holsters can one gun belt support? (my goofy pictures) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I figured I probably looked like a hoot today. I'm loosing eggs constantly to a skunk and lost one hen recently, so I'm trapping big ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How many holsters can one gun belt support? (my goofy pictures)

I figured I probably looked like a hoot today. I'm loosing eggs constantly to a skunk and lost one hen recently, so I'm trapping big time right now. Have caught 2 raccoons in the past 3 days, but the skunk seems shy.
    I never visit my chicken coop without my EDC, which my phone holster balances perfectly.....but when trapping I also bring my .22
    My own property being the only place I can OC, I lost my cover shirt when I pulled in the drive.
    I happen to have pictures because in addition to traps I run a game camera 24/7 as well.
    I'm laughing at myself so I figured I'd share
    Enjoy LOL

First off, the egg thief (toldja the game cam was handy)

My usual EDC

Is this what they call "carrying +1" ???

Last night's catch
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

What do you do with the skunk once its trapped?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    What do you do with the skunk once its trapped?
    Well that's the big question. LOL
    Some say they release their spray when they are shot, some say they don't, seems like a big risk. I've thought of procuring a 55gal drum of water just for the little booger. I'd prefer to shoot it as humanely as possible, but I just don't want to get sprayed either. I've gotten 3 eggs in a week from 9 hens though, the skunk has GOT to go!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Billy the Exterminator uses a big tarp he holds spread out in front of him as he walks toward the trap.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I carried 3 handguns the other day in shorts and a t-shirt. PT709 appendix IWB, SP101 OWB 4 o'clock and 442 OWB at 7 o'clock oriented for left hand draw. I was hanging out running around town with my buddy and he had no idea. He was telling me about a situation going on and he needed a carry gun (his son has several, but all too big for him to carry). I handed him my 709 and its holster and extra mag. He said, "I don't want to take your carry gun" and I showed him my other two nd said, "I'm good" and he laughed. Before I get flamed for letting him borrow a gun, he is my best friend, he has his CHP, and we go shooting together a lot and he has a bit of experience with that particular firearm.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'm not gonna steal your eggs, that's all I'm sayin'.
    Riana likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Cool

As petite as you are I'm surprised you got two on.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member
    Fun photos, thanks. I like those pants, what brand are they? Plenty of roomy but still fitted and not dumpy looking like some of my utility pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    My usual EDC

I have to ask, how is your draw with that kydex holster?

The reason that I ask is that it seems to sit very high. Do you find that you have to lean to one side or forward to draw?

Those skunks can be a big pest when they get near a chicken coop. I had one awhile back, but I was lucky enough to walk up on it when I went down to the barn. I'll be the first to tell you, be as far away as possible when you shoot it. They smell HORRIBLE after being shot. I didn't get sprayed, but I couldn't go near that spot for a couple days. Dang thing had wedged itself up between two rocks when I shot it, so I couldn't even get to the thing to get rid of it. Also, I'd use something a bit bigger than a .22 when it comes to skunks. I used my .40 and it was a one shot kill. I've taken porcupines and raccoons in the past with a .22, but it never stops them right away. I don't know about you, but if I'm shooting at a skunk, I want it dead as quick as possible. I don't want ANY chance of it spraying me.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I would tell you my grandfathers remedy for pests like skunks and raccoons, but first, no one ever believes me, and second, no one seems willing to try. I can tell you it's worked quite well for me, and I think grandpa knew what he was talking about.

I'll give it to you anyway: take a leak around the chicken coop, and if you are married or otherwise attached to a man, make sure he does also. Do this regularly, at least once a week or so. Most animals are very smell sensitive, and the scent of a human, especially a male human, tends to make them scurry away. This is the same principle your dog uses when he spots a place or two around the property -- just marking his territory.

It honestly works. Keeps the critters out of my garbage cans.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

You might want to turn off the game camera if you go that route, Tala

I've dropped skunks with one shot before and even though the skunk wasn't moving, you could see (and smell) the spray shooting up a couple feet. I don't shoot them near the house for that reason. I know if you trap them you can put a canvas over the trap and to transport them without them spraying, but I'm fortunate not to have trapped any skunks. I'd have to find some way to release then shoot it, and that just seems like playing Russian roulette to me.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Not sure about the maximum number of holsters to a gun belt, but 6 cans is about it for the redneck sixpak holster (no offense to any of our redneck members!) :
    Redneck Six-pak Holster.jpg
    Riana likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    ^ ROFL!!!

---

Tala, can you please come catch our skunk? Both the wifey and I are helpless city-folk......

The jeans are Wrangler they seem to fit me well for around the yard stuff.

That's my Snapslide Crossbreed holster and it does ride higher than my IWB holsters, but I'm comfortable with it.

There is plenty of marking of the territory out there, I don't think city preadators care.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links