Wal-Mart Senior Greeter

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Senior Greeter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You just have to appreciate this one. Young people forget that we old people had a career before we retired...... Charley, a new retiree-greeter at ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Wal-Mart Senior Greeter

VIP Member

Wal-Mart Senior Greeter

You just have to appreciate this one. Young people forget that we old people had a career before we retired......

Charley, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time.

Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp-minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.

One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.
    "Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job when you finally get here; but your being late so often is quite bothersome."

"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear.”

“Yes sir, I understand your concern and I’ll try harder.”

Seeming puzzled, the manager went on to comment, “It's odd though your coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say to you there if you showed up in the morning so late and so often?"

The old man looked down at the floor, then smiled.

He chuckled quietly, then said with a grin, "They usually saluted and said, “Good morning, Admiral, can I get your coffee, sir?”
    Erick46590 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Haha, that's awesome. I bet the manager was a bit shocked that the greeter used to be a "tad" bit higher one the totem pole when it came to careers.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

VIP Member
    Those squids, always 5 minutes late when you call for naval gunfire... And here I thought it was because they were making sure not to drop their ordnance on ME - now I know it was because they were getting coffee for the Admiral.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Links