Accused of attempting to use a fake FOID

This is a discussion on Accused of attempting to use a fake FOID within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Has this ever happened to you? What did you do? The other day I went to my local Walmart and attempted to buy .22lr ammo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Accused of attempting to use a fake FOID

Accused of attempting to use a fake FOID

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do? The other day I went to my local Walmart and attempted to buy .22lr ammo (I am 20 years old)...after the desk employee calls another employee and another manager, they finally decide that it is a fake FOID card and that they will not sell to me because a portion of my signature was cut off when it was printed. My FOID was also printed with the mug shot I sent in with a copy of my ID, instead of my drivers license photo (all of theirs were printed with their DL photo). I briskly stated that "This is absurd and ridiculous; I will be taking all of my business elsewhere!".....The Illinois state police line for the FOID card always has a hour and a half wait to even talk to anyone. Do I deal with it for 7 more years?
    Springfield XD Sub-Compact 40S&W
    Ruger 10/22
    Winchester 1300 20ga
    Mossberg 500 12ga

2. Remove Ads

Not only should you give business to a different store... you should give it to a different state! Pack the bags and get out while you can. I know that I would, lol.
    oneshot, paullie, 1911LOD and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Not only should you give business to a different store... you should give it to a different state! Pack the bags and get out while you can. I know that I would, lol.
    The day I pay my car off I am gone! SC or AZ is the plan, motorcycle all year round and better gun laws! Sept 2012, right before the world ends.
    Ruger 10/22
    Winchester 1300 20ga
    Mossberg 500 12ga

Distinguished Member
    Good plan.

Any state where the default response to anything gun-related isn't "Papiere jetzt!" will do...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    The day I pay my car off I am gone! SC or AZ is the plan, motorcycle all year round and better gun laws! Sept 2012, right before the world ends.
    C'mon down. Just about all the roads are good for motorcyclin', and you can get some screamin' deals on property right now.

I feel your pain. My wife is originally from Springfield, IL and has a son still living there. He has a FOID card but it's just about useless.

Her younger son left IL headed for IN to go to school, now resides in KY just across the Ohio River. He is the proud owner of a KY CCW and a Taurus PT-140.

Things are much better for firearms owners just about anyplace outside of Illinois.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    When I buy ammo, I just hand them the cash and walk out the door. I don't have any use for a FOID card. It sounds like a real piece of junk.

In reality, they can refuse a sale for any reason. Find another place to shop. Or another time and a different cashier.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

My Daughter just moved in with a guy that is finishing up his masters in Business Management,she is going to Nursing School and they live in Omaha Ne,she said he said he was thinking about applying for Jobs in Chicago,I told her if he wants to move to Chicago she needs to Bail now.I told her there is no way in hell I would visit her in that State and Town.She said she isn't moving anywhere until she gets her Nursing degree.I told her there are a lot more places that have less crime,and where you can actually defend yourself without being painted as the aggressor
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In Virginia, private citizens can sell their personal property to each other without papers, license, etc. even if it happens to be a firearm. No papers to own it. You can also carry concealed in your car without a permit or open carry without a permit. I love this state!!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    Has this ever happened to you? What did you do?
    Nope, never happened to me, of course I live in a free state that doesn't make you beg to exercise your rights. If I were you I'd pack my bags and move.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Just how long are you going to put up with that IL toro feces?
    I'd be moving...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    It's not just the FOID card thing. Illinois is a cesspool of corruption ruled by dynasty's of political hacks. The state and especially the City of Chicago has never progressed out of the 20's and 30's. Florida still has the Good ole boys but at least they let people defend themselves. And while I'm at it, I still can't believe people actually voted for an Illinois politician for POTUS. Read my lips, there never has been nor ever will be an honest politician elected in Illinois. It hasn't happened in over one hundred years, why would it start now? Even the dead vote Democratic. I can remember 60 years ago, the saying was vote early, vote often. I lived in Chicago from 1943 til 1998. The only mayor I remember was named Daley. How is that even possible?
    Mitchell and MotorCityGun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Just how long are you going to put up with that IL toro feces?
    I'd be moving...
    Car's paid off September 2012...I'm leaving! lol

Read my lips, there never has been nor ever will be an honest politician elected in Illinois.
    I agree...it is ridiculous.

I also vote every opportunity I get just because of this.
    Ruger 10/22
    Winchester 1300 20ga
    Mossberg 500 12ga

You'll feel like you are living in a different country.
    Mitchell likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links