RIP James Arness (Marshal Matt Dillon, Gunsmoke)

This is a discussion on RIP James Arness (Marshal Matt Dillon, Gunsmoke) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like we lost a WWII Veteran and legendary actor. Arness served and was wounded at Anzio during WWII and his decorations include the Bronze ...

Thread: RIP James Arness (Marshal Matt Dillon, Gunsmoke)

RIP James Arness (Marshal Matt Dillon, Gunsmoke)

Looks like we lost a WWII Veteran and legendary actor. Arness served and was wounded at Anzio during WWII and his decorations include the Bronze Star, the Purple Heart, the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with three bronze battle stars, the World War II Victory Medal and the Combat Infantryman Badge.

'Gunsmoke' actor James Arness dies at age 88 - CNN.com

edit: OOPS. Sorry, I just noticed there's already another thread on this.
    Last edited by packinnova; June 6th, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Didn't see the other thread, so glad I saw it here............. shame to see the last of them going. According to that, the last time he was acting, he was about 59 yrs old ... seems like only yesterday.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links